Can Sim owner ask you to remove something from your Pick?

PtesanWi Shamen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4642 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ok    Someone  i know  has  in their  Profile  a  No   ROleplay  with   This   person   becuase  of.  The  Sim owner  has  asked   all  passive  agressive  possable  Drama  Mongering   items  from the   Profiles,  Now  arugment is   a  SIm  owner  does not have a  right to  request. Basicly  the   old   "It is my  profile  you   cant tell me  what  to  do with it."    

I   Guess I am  asking   as a SIm   owner  what  rights to they  have  or not have.   If someone  wants to RP  in their  place  can They place  that  reqest on  someone?   To  keep  Issues  from  happen?  

5 answers to this question

I am not completely sure I understand you question (a matter of English not your first language I am guessing) but the sim owner is "king" or queen so to speak about things that go on at their estate. Whatever the issue, it SHOULD be definined in the covenant for the land. If you purchased land, you should of course have read that.  If it says in the covenant (or any agreement if you are renting an apartment say) that there is no role play, then those are the rules.

You can always move to a RP friendly area; there are loads of those in Second Life. If they are telling you that you must change your profile? Well that seems a bit extreme. If you role play somewhere ELSE that seems fine, just not on their land. But they have the ability to kick you out. You could report it as abuse and see what happens but it is likely that you will not be happy staying in a place where you are not welcome.

Good luck.

Sure he may ask you, but you don't have to. However, they can ban you from their land if they wish and think not removing that pick is a reason to do so.

I'd suggest you remove the pick for now and move on to another sim as soon as possible. If you have only a few days rent left, you may completely ignore their request and pick up your stuff and move on.

Well... 

A Sim Owner can't force someone to alter their profile but they could ban someone from their sim because they did not like their profile.

So if your question is can a sim owner magically force someone to change their profile, their clothing, or pretty much anything and everything else, the answer is no.

But, if your question is can a sim owner tell someone to change their profile, clothing, or pretty much anything and everything else or they will ban them from their sim(s) and then ban someone if they don't make those changes, then the answer is yes.

Either your friend needs to comply with the sim owner or find somewhere else to go.  Personally, if it has already gotten to this point, your friend would probably be happiest if they simply moved on to greener pastures.  There are plenty of places to go on the grid.

You cannot publically defame another resident/business/location etc. Since profiles are public that includes what you put on them.

So if your friend has put something on their profile saying bad things about someone else or their RP sim, then that person has every right to ask for it to be removed or can even AR them for putting it there.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4642 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.