Will our non mesh items in our wardrobe still be workable once mesh is released?

Mayalily

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Will our non mesh items in our wardrobe and in our furniture still be workable usable once mesh comes out? 

I've asked the question in the forums, and no one seems to want to answer, or perhaps they don't know the answer?

Are we in danger of losing our wardrobe and furniture once mesh comes out? 

ETA:  I think you mean yes?  Yes, that our non mesh items will still be workable and usable?  I read the blog, it doesn't make much sense to me as I am not a content creator, nor have I ever done any 3D modeling.

So do you mean yes non mesh items will still work? 

ETA:  I'm reading the mesh forum but NOT learning anything.  It's Greek to me.  Please answer a simple question, such as YES our non mesh items will still work and be workable, or NO our non mesh items will not work nor be useable. 

3 answers to this question

If you choose to wear a mesh avatar, your current wardrobe will straight down the drain because you can't wear system layer clothes on the mesh avatar (to wear a mesh avatar, you will have to wear an alpha mask layer to completely make your whole body invisible) and you have to buy mesh clothes compatible with that particular mesh avatar. So if you don't wear a mesh avatar, you can enjoy your wardrobe as ever. So yes, your non mesh items still work without problem.

• Like 1

No Mayalily you won't lose anything because of mesh.

Mesh is just another way to build things in SL. It won't replace or change anything you already own or your avatar in any way. The only thing that may change is your ability to SEE these mesh items if you're using a viewer that can't display mesh. That's it. Period.

Don't stress over this stuff. All your inventory and your avatar are safe. Nothing will change for you. :smileyhappy:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.