New Photo/Picture Albums

Peewee Musytari

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4581 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

OMG how cool are the new picture albums & when did that happen?  TYTYTY whoever added them, they rule. 24.gif

Now, are they mostly broken because they are still a work in progress or should I list all the things broken about them?

I pretty much got an error for everything, I did manage to move some pics from public to private once, but then the option disappeared after that so I couldn`t do anymore. The albums on the album page give an error whatever I do & on the ALL page, it gives an error when trying to open page except the first one.

Having said that, it is possible to see what we are supposed to be able to do with them and when that is all working they will be totally awesome.

Will the picture selector in posts be changed so that we can choose which album to pick from?  Because that is still one long list of pics in the order they were uploaded and its a pain to choose one that isn`t on the first or last few pages.

Huh??? Yup, I have a broken link for viewing "all images".

• All Images for valerie Inshan

The message you are trying to access is not available.

But the new picture format is really cool. Really promising! Thanks for posting this Peewee, I hadn't noticed. :smileyvery-happy:

Peewee, can you check your album again.  I see it does not have an image as the cover, but when I click the middle of the blank cover, I do see your images.  

@Valerie - I do not see your images.  I see the error message.  I notice you have lots of pictures.  I will check and see if that could somehow be causing a bug.

I can get the albums called private to open, but if I click the public one or the All Images tab I get an error.

I see yours ok Bee, except that picture should be private lol :P

I do not see Vals & I think you are right about lots of pic Lexie, because yesterday when I could see my All Images, I could only see page 1, if I tried to open another page I got the error thing.

I just did a random check on several profiles.

@ Bee, I can see perfectly your images.

@ Peewee, cannot see yours at all, I get an error message

Some friends have many images and I can see theirs perfectly (example: Hippie Bowman). But for Charolotte who has many too, I cannot see anything but the 1st photo of the album.

As for mine, I can see my 1st photo album (public) too, but none of the (too many) ones I have!... Suspense... :smileywink:

Lexie,

I did some checking & it would appear that the problem is broken images.

I found one image in my public album that causes the error page & as a result trying to open anything that contains that image also gets the error page. I also found one on Page 1 of Val' s public album, I didn`t check 500 pics to see if there were anymore, but at least one would explain why Val`s don`t open either.

PMing you with details to see if you can remove the broken pics, cos there is nothing I can do to delete or amend the one in mine.

Lexie,

I have one album (of course) all public, and the first page displays just fine. However as soon as I attempt to use the 'Next' link to view the next page of images, I get the same error message as Peewee:

"The message you are trying to access is not available."

Hi Darrius! It seems that just one broken or corrupted image is enough to block the entire photo album. I have the same problem as you and I have reported this to Lexie with the list of the broken images I could identify because I was not granted permission to erase them myself. Apparently only the Lithium people can remove them. My album isn't fixed yet.

Oh my, if they have to review everybody's album, this is gonna be a full time job!...:smileysad:

valerie Inshan wrote:

[..] Oh my, if they have to review everybody's album, this is gonna be a full time job!...:smileysad:

Hi Valerie. I agree, it would be much better if they simply changed their code to handle the broken picture rather than barf and error out. While nifty, I'm afraid this new feature feels like another "neat idea we can't wait to roll out" ... before it's actually working correctly.

Considering that I used to be able to view every picture, and that I haven't maxed out the limit of pictures allowed, I wonder what exactly constitutes a "broken picture"?

Darrius Gothly wrote:

Considering that I used to be able to view every picture, and that I haven't maxed out the limit of pictures allowed, I wonder what exactly constitutes a "broken picture"?

I don't have a clue actually...All I know is that when clicking on some picture it gives the error message and you cannot view it or delete it. At first I thought only some silly smileys uploaded from the web could cause the problem, but in fact some of my own snapshots give the same error message. Let's hope and wait for Lexie's answer...

The broken ones seem to still work when you use them in posts (mine was a smiley) so it is hard to work out what about them is broken, except that when you click them in the album they cause that error page & any page you try to open that contains them gets the same error.

If you go to your profile page and click on one of the pics at the bottom of the panel, it will get you into your album in the individual picture mode, so that you can scroll through the pictures individually. You will eventually hit the one (or more) that cause the error. There are 20 images per page, so if you can`t open page 2 of your album, you must have a broken one between 21-40. You can also manage your other images in that mode, by moving or deleteing them one by one, so if you didn`t have many pictures you could create a new album and move out every picture except the broken ones until they are fixed.

Its looking like I was lucky with just one broken one that Lexie was able to delete & I have even uploaded it again and everything is working fine for me. Porr Valerie has a few broken ones that even Lexie can`t delete, so I agree this is looking like a potential nightmare for Lexie if a lot of people have some.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4581 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.