Abbotts Aerodrome is closing soon.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4620 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Bought my first fying thingy there. The Terraclaw. Still have it....i think. I've visited Abbotts a few weeks ago and i must say that it didn't chaged very much. It's all supply and demand these days. Almost every week there is the release of a new plane or helicopter. If an aeroport doesn't evolve, it is doomed. Still sad to see it go though.

Cheers,

YM

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind thoughts, everyone. While it's sad to close down Abbotts Aerodrome and sell, I can still look back at seven and a half years of great memories and smile. We had great times there. Building competitions, exhibitions, dogfights, building classes, skydiving contests, and general fun in the sky. Now we can look forward to the next stage for Abbotts. Though I won't be involved, I'm confident that the new owner, Cheshyr Pontchartrain, will revitalize Abbotts as something extraordinary. His tentative new name for it is "Abbotts Spaceport". Thanks everyone who visited Abbotts Aerodrome -- supporters, contributors, and customers. It was a great time. Now let's enjoy the next phase of Abbotts' existence!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4620 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.