How do I recover lost profile notes on other's profiles?

Tourmaline Falken

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4622 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I use profile notes on other people's profiles a lot because I meet and help many people at Help Island Public.

Soon after I downloaded Firestorm Beta 1 (now using Beta 2), I noticed multiple issues with profile notes, which I haven't been able to replicate.  Sometimes I will start to write a note on a profile, but the note will disappear spontaneously as I write and I have to begin again.  Sometimes the note appears to save but when I return to the note a few minutes later, it is blank.  Most frustratingly, long standing, detailed profile notes on old friends (some more than a year) have totally disappeared leaving a blank space.  I have attempted to see if these long standing notes reappear using different viewers (Phoenix and V2) and also by going to the Beta grid and mysecondlife.com and checking there, but they do not reappear.

Support at Phoenix Firestorm say this is a LL issue, but I don't have a premium account so support is limited.  What particularly bothers me is the loss of the long standing notes on old friends.  Has anybody else experienced this and does anybody have any suggestions how to recover these lost notes?

1 answer to this question

Could be related to https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-3750 where profile information was disappearing or maybe this Jira https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-3986 where profile notes would not load but in that instance, the OP was able to accesss the notes using an older TPV and this issue was fixed on the 29th July anyway.

I can't find any other Jira's on Profile notes specifically disappearing in V2 so while Phoenix say it's a LL issue, it may still only be manifesting itself with Firestorm. See if Phoenix Support can give you more information.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4622 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.