The wind of change

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The majority of the region where I live was up for sale a while back. I got me a sliver for more prims, wish I could afford all of it. :P  Currently it sits empty, I think the owners are setting up in the sky..   I've been lucky for the years I have owned land in that region though, the previous owners kept the land nice.

Ouch.  You'll be extremely lucky not to end up with at least one of those new neighbors having a monstrous huge yacht cluttering up the water.

I do think they've been a bit more efficient lately in turning over long-abandoned land, even without anybody asking for it. That's good for LL, and probably for the rest of Mainland (more people, more activity), although I was kind of enjoying the lag-free primless pleasures of a few thousand sq.m. I'd abandoned long ago, that was auctioned just yesterday.  So I've got a new neighbor, too.

As far as how much of Mainland is for sale, I've given up trying to guess the trends there.  In any particular area, it always seems to come in waves, but across the whole Mainland, I've seen apparent trends come and go too many times to believe my own eyes without hard numbers.  That would be a good question for Tyche; not sure if she already measures it.

[As long as I'm editing a typo, I'll add something I forgot to say:  As everyone has been saying, there's a *huge* difference between "waterfront" and "Linden waterfront."  If somebody parks a sim-scale yacht on the other side of the Linden waterway, it's gonna look just as stupid, but at least you'll have a seaborne escape route from the ugliness.  That's why bordering a Linden water sim is so valuable: no yacht clutter.  Just the occasional floating ice cream wagon.]

Recently a lot of land in Mowry and Bradmoor has changed hands, but as I look at the map there's almost nothing for sale in the 9 sim block centered on Mowry. Granted Hepburn is a Linden water sim... I'm fairly amazed. I suppose I should go poking around and make sure great chunks of it aren't abandoned and waiting to be processed, but I don't think that's the case.

Just thought it would make for an interesting counterpoint.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.