Is there a second life for serious beginners?

carolanne7678

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

difficult to know what advice to give as you don't say what it is you find complicated, but if it is of any help do switch to the basic mode. here's some info on basic mode and what limitations it brings: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Basic-mode-FAQ/ta-p/733541

add info/comments to your post by using options > edit.

Just a little philosophy as I appear to be in philosophical mode this eve. SL has ALWAYS been difficult to understand. The learning curve is steep and that has been a continual problem over the years. When I joined SL was rated as being one of the best platform for CREATIVE and TECHIE folks, and I believe that is still the case.

You have to be willing to put in the time and effort to learn the viewer and the rules of the world. Eventually it all becomes clear and glorious, but it does take awhile. The basic viewer was designed to give folks a taste of SL with less "culture shock" in terms of what they needed to figure out. But it also cuts out most of the great things about SL.

I suggest taking some newbie classes in world. There are plenty of schools, some of the most prominent being New Citizens Incorporated (NCI ) and the school in Caledon. You can look in EVENTS and under education to get lists of classes for all sorts of things including basic intro classes. In the olden days, when LL supported the educational system there were many more classed than now, but still there are schools out there to help you integrate into SL.

If you think this is the place for you, it is certainly worth the time and effort to learn how to navigate the world :D.

Welcome and enjoy!

This is the only Second Life (SL) going as of now.  There is a basic mode for your viewer as others have put forward.

People both here in this forum and in world are pretty helpful for the most part and if you ask for assistance with any one particular issue, then you will probably get some good help fairly quickly.

There is a bit of a learning curve at first, but it is surprisingly easy to learn if you just dive in and start having fun.  Instead of asking for some weak, watered-down virtual experience, why don't you let us know what in particular you need help with and we will be more than happy to help you out.  :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.