oh crap, I deleted my friends house by mistake, can she get it back?

Ivanna Doobie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4398 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was at my friends house where I can rez things.  I opened a purchase, copied it to my inventory.  Then when I went to delete what I had rezzed, I deleted her house by mistake.  I am soooo dead.  Help please, is there any way of getting it back? :matte-motes-crying:

It's not in my trash, could it have gone in hers or returned to her?  

13 answers to this question

if you have mod rights to a friend's items and you delete their stuff it won't go in your trash, cause the items do not belong to you. they should go to your friend's lost and found folder, so have her look there. if it was no copy then i am unsure at this point what happens to it. but have her check her lost and found folder first. builds are usually copiable so all she might have to do is rez another copy.

eta: are you really sure you deleted it, though? cause you should have gotten a warning you have to click agree, or ok, in order to proceed with the deletion. if you're on phoenix by any chance you could have just derendered it. it has happened before :D if that is the case simply remove the listing from your asset blacklist. top menu > phoenix > asset blacklist, find the house, select it and rerender. then either change group tag, tp out and back in or change draw distance to 0 then back up to where it was and it will reappear in a few seconds.

• Like 2

Houses are almost always copy/modify so don't panic. If you can't find it in your lost and found or trash, your friend can rez a new copy. It might be better is she does it rather than you dig in the lost and found folder, as linked parts may have been broken when you deleted the house.

. No no no, you're not dead. :smileyvery-happy:

Welcome to the club.  I can't count the number of times I have deleted my own things (including my house, last month) by mistake, and I have deleted friends' buildings more than once too.  A good friend of mine once accidentally returned ALL of one guy's things from our sim, including several buildings worth of stuff.  These things happen, and we all panic.  Fortunately, they are usually reversible.  Follow everyone's good advice (ask your friend to look for it in her Lost & Found folder when she stops laughing), and then advise your friend to LOCK the house (with the lock button on the Object page in Edit) so you can't do that again.  :smileyvery-happy:

Bad news is, we couldn't get the cabin back. It belonged to her "ex" who has left SL so it was returned to who knows where lol. Good news is we were able to find the same cabin and I paid for her to purchase it. BUT, I have to wonder, she also purchased a little greenhouse for out the back....I'm wondering if that's where I have to live now LOL. She was really cool about it and we had a few good laughs.

oh crap :D

well, yes, wise words from peewee there. the cabin was returned to him, then, as he was the owner of it.

happy to hear you guys found the cabin! \o/ make sure your friend locks the build this time :D

as for the greenhouse - on the plus side you should get a healthy amount of vitamin d from now on! :D

i hope she at least throws in a madras for you :P

if you feel the issue has been resolved could you please mark the question as answered? it will help others who search for answers after deleting their friends stuff and get sent to the greenhouse :D 8)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4398 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.