Linden home has tiers?

Penny Amaterasu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Premium accounts with 512m2 available tier qualify for a Linden Home.  For example, if you have a new premium account — you've just joined Second Life as a premium account or upgraded from a basic account — and haven't changed your land usage, then you have exactly 512m2 of available tier. You can also use tier to buy land on the mainland or rent land on a private estate. This is essentially free land.  If you don't use it for a Linden house, you use it elsewhere.  If you want more than the 512, then you pay for the extra.  It's all part of the deal in becoming Premium.  If you go back to Basic, the deal's off. No house, no free land.  You're welcome to rent and do all of the other things that non-landowners do, though.

Simple answer is that, if the only land you have in Second Life is a Linden Home and  you have a premium account, you don't pay any additional tier. If you cancel your premium account, you will lose your Linden Home.

One of the other posters seamed to suggest that you could use  your included 512m2 to get land on a private estate. This is not true. At least not for most estates. I've never seen an estate that accepted the Linden tier for their payments.

If you want more than the Linden Home it will cost more. Either tier payments to Linden Lab or payment of rent to an in-world business.

Many estate owners accept L$ as payment for rent. Any that I have ever rented from do. The estate owner doesn't know or care where the L$ come from. If you have them in your account, you can transfer them. So you can certainly use the L$350/week bonus that way. Using tier directly is less common, but I have known landowners -- specifically educational institutions and non-profits -- who do that as a way of sharing land with other institutions who share a common theme. The language I used in my post, earlier, is LL's own statement which describes that option.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.