Deploys for the week of 2011-08-01

Oskar Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4616 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

does the current roll effect some main channel regions? my region safe kitten has been inaccessable as of aprox 7 am pdt.

livechat (christy) confirmed it effected several main channel regions at the same time but not with the same errors or effects.

christy did not know what the cause was or why it is taking so long to recover and just told me to wait.

Anyone got any more info?

Abigail Merlin wrote:

does the current roll effect some main channel regions? my region safe kitten has been inaccessable as of aprox 7 am pdt.

livechat (christy) confirmed it effected several main channel regions at the same time but not with the same errors or effects.

christy did not know what the cause was or why it is taking so long to recover and just told me to wait.

It should be unrelated. Is it still inaccessible?

__Oskar

Oskar Linden wrote:

Abigail Merlin wrote:

It should be unrelated. Is it still inaccessible?

__Oskar

it was fixed after about 3 hours and several restarts not sure if it was a bug or some random state corruption

Hmm, I'm sorry to say, but I think there's a horrible showstopper with region crossings & TPs between main channel & LeTigre after today's roll.  I'm having a terrible failure rate with disconnects being caused, going between Virrat (main), Orivesi (LeTigre), and Smithers Bluff (main).  All mainland Class 7s.

Edit: Actually, a few hours later, I'm slightly less convinced it's LeTigre causing the issues, and maybe some sort of network occasional network issue inside LL.  Not sure now, as it's not following any consistent rate or pattern.  It really was dreadful flying or TPing between the sims above earlier, but seems to have calmed down now (/me hopes she's not speaking too soon…).

Pauline Darkfury wrote:

Hmm, I'm sorry to say, but I think there's a horrible showstopper with region crossings & TPs between main channel & LeTigre after today's roll.  I'm having a terrible failure rate with disconnects being caused, going between Virrat (main), Orivesi (LeTigre), and Smithers Bluff (main).  All mainland Class 7s.

Edit: Actually, a few hours later, I'm slightly less convinced it's LeTigre causing the issues, and maybe some sort of network occasional network issue inside LL.  Not sure now, as it's not following any consistent rate or pattern.  It really was dreadful flying or TPing between the sims above earlier, but seems to have calmed down now (/me hopes she's not speaking too soon…).

I can't replicate this issue.

__Oskar

Oscar,

This is Zena Juran and I have sadly logged in with in alt to get a message thru to you. I have specifically requested twice to have my homestead Gemini Isle removed back to the Main Grid.

It is poor customer service to place a customer's homestead on the RC Magnum for testing without their permission, mandate that a customer needs to specifically request to have that homestead put back on the Main Grid, and then put that customer on IGNORE!

I don't care if you like or don't like what I have to say but as a representattive of Linden Lab you don't have the luxury of IGNORING your customers! Is this really the culture and maturity level of LL employees?

Put Gemini Isle back on the Main Grid!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4616 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.