Why is it telling me upon log in that my computer cannot log in?

MattyMembrane

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm not a premium account so I cannot issue a viewer log in ticket, but i am not a child account. I am on constantly and it makes no sense when i abide by the ToS. Help me, I am desperate.

EDIT: it did say Second Life cannot be accessed from this computer. and i read what that means and it makes no sense. And this probably isn't a techincal question but i wasn't paying alot of attention to the settings when i wrote this.

Solved: Was the Grid Issue, just never caught up with it.

1 answer to this question

It is hard to give helpful answer without knowing what sort of error message you are seeing when you try to log in.  Let me take a wild stab, though.....

Does it say "You cannot log into Second Life from this location" ?

This error message may also appear as:

• Login failed.
  • Second Life cannot be accessed from this computer.

These messages generally indicate you have been blocked from the Second Life servers by Linden Lab as the result of:

• Documented cases of fraud
  • Use of Second Life by a minor
  • Exceptionally flagrant abuse activity

Note that someone else in your household may be responsible for this activity, not necessariliy with your account. You should have received an e-mail from LL explaining the action and telling you about your options for appeal.  If you cannot find it, check your e-mail's spam filter.

If you believe that this is an error, submit a support ticket via the support portal. To help customer support determine what block has been placed and why, include in the ticket your Second Life account name and any Second Life accounts that log in from your location.

If that is not the error message you are getting, please add more information to your question by clicking the Options link in its upper right corner and selecting Edit.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.