Quality clothing spots - what are your suggestions?

Love Leonoase

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4623 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A friend took me to Avid Gothic Clothing a while back......      after a while, I really understood the difference between high quality clothing, and NOT so high quality clothing.

Two questions -

1)  Do you have any suggestions for quality clothing, similar to the quality level of Avid?

2)  Do you have any suggestions on SEARCHING for quality clothing?  With SO many different clothing shops out there, it's not very productive to just randomly go to one shop after another.  It all just becomes a blur.

Oh and I'm not looking just for "goth" style clothing, though I AM looking for male clothing.

ty

• Like 1

You know it's amazing...

Half the time you are making negative personal judgments about me, hopping up on a pedestal to make annoying condescending opinions that weren't asked for, but then the other half of the time you come with very helpful responses to my OP.

I don't know what to make of that, but I strive to be a polite person who is appreciative of any helpful assistance.  With that in mind - I thank you kindly and sincerely.  That looks like an awesome thread.

• Like 1

I'm not familiar with "avid' since thats not my genre (although i love to look, will have to add to my list). If you like medieval type things my favorite is probably Quality Designs. Their clothing is wonderful in detail..thing is they don't have nearly as much for males as the do for women.

I was wondering - " Oh and I'm not looking just for "goth" style clothing, though I AM looking for male clothing."

Does this mean that you are looking for all sort of clothing, both male and female? Or all sort of female clothing and goth for male?

Men have a much smaller section than females. I would recommend http://carthalis.com/ 

He shows a lot of "Roleplay styles" including armor and futuristic cyber gear. But everyday styles in between. And skin reviews - showing all. :matte-motes-big-grin: He has many darker styled looks. The blogger is a roleplayer in Insilico, if I'm not mistaken.

For females, well it is so much. The best you can do, is to follow a fashion feed as http://iheartsl.com/. Here you will see many bloggers, you will probably not like all of them. But those you like, you can bookmark. Maybe this could be one of them: http://nienorsstyle.wordpress.com/

If I should recommend a shop: Daviniel, Dirty Lynx (Shoulder armor!) Ducknipple (Great Marketplace promos) Sinistyle.

I recommend searching on the Marketplace instead of inworld. You will find a lot of crap on the MP, but it is gems hidden in between. And Marketplace promos, the Ducknipple ones is very good. Use search words and check only apparel if you look for clothes. Filter it down more if you need. The Marketplace is easier and quicker to browse than trying to find good shops using only inworld search. 

Thanks for the feedback so far.

Here is a blog I found, that some might enjoy - http://longsbestofsecondlife.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2010-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&updated-max=2011-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=25

As for using the marketplace to browse, I think that's a very good idea.  I tried that in the past a little bit, but was worried that many places wouldn't list their items on the Marketplace.  I guess the good stores usually do though.

I've found some of my favorite stores perusing vanity threads here in the forums. Others I've found by spotting someone inworld wearing something I liked, and asking. The marketplace "featured" section can be a good resource, too, although as with anything, it can be hit and miss. If you want stuff for men, you can just go to "apparel," then "mens" and look through the featured stuff that pops up. Again, though, some of what's featured isn't nearly as good as it seems. Men's options are much more limited than those for women, too. Good luck!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Lapointe & Bastchild was my first thought; I think their stuff is way better than Avid.  Also DE Designs, Gothicatz, Razorblade Jacket, and the also aforementioned Sinistyle are great for quality in goth/punk/distressed.  I don't really have a whole lot to offer in other genres; DV8 is great if you're into cybergoth.  Getting involved in hunts for men is a great way to get to sample the wares of many designers without straining your L balance.  The best way to find good stuff though, is to just get out there and look- I know to many males the idea of spending hours in SL shopping isn't the most fun ever(though it sounds just grand to me) but once you have a good stock of LMs for things you like, it won't be nearly so time-consuming, especially if you join their update groups or subscribe to their updates so you know when they have new stuff.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4623 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.