What parcel names are in a region? Automated collector for entire SL?

Domitan Redenblack

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4640 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What parcel names are in a region? Is there a way to determine this without jumping around each region?

Would it be possible to write a bot which collects all parcel names for all of SL?

*(except perhaps parcels which are banned)

(Why? I am tired of looking at the Map Window and seeing blobs with no names or boundaries :matte-motes-nerdy:)

I suppose in theory you could make a device that sits in a region and then uses llGetParcelDetails(Pos,[PARCEL_DETAILS_NAME]), looping around possible values of Pos in 4m increments to make a list of all parcel names, then removes duplicates, and moves on to the next region.  Talk about a colossal and endless pain in the butt, to say nothing of impractical ........

There is a function for this in libopenmetaverse. There is a parcelinfo command that prints them all in the TestClient example, and many other text and bot clients have picked up the same command.

Example output for the Radegast //parcelinfo command, in Dore --

[18:10] Parcel Infro results:Downloaded 18 Parcels in Dore Parcel[13]: Name: "Protected Land", Description: "" ACLBlacklist Count: 1, ACLWhiteList Count: 1 Traffic: 294Parcel[48]: Name: "", Description: "" ACLBlacklist Count: 1, ACLWhiteList Count: 1 Traffic: 11Parcel[9]: Name: "Welcome Area", Description: "" ACLBlacklist Count: 1, ACLWhiteList Count: 1 Traffic: 14156Parcel[47]: Name: "", Description: "" ACLBlacklist Count: 1, ACLWhiteList Count: 1 Traffic: 69Parcel[578]: Name: "Protected Land", Description: "" ACLBlacklist Count: 1, ACLWhiteList Count: 1 Traffic: 0Parcel[577]: Name: "Welcome Area", Description: "Protected Land, Not For Sale" ACLBlacklist Count: 1, ACLWhiteList Count: 1 Traffic: 179Parcel[2]: Name: "Orientation Stations - in the Castle", Description: "Did you forget some SL basics? Did you miss some stations on Orientation Island? Duplicates of those stations can be found here" ACLBlacklist Count: 1, ACLWhiteList Count: 1 Traffic: 593Parcel[46]: Name: "", Description: "" ACLBlacklist Count: 1, ACLWhiteList Count: 1 Traffic: 5Parcel[1]: Name: "Protected Land", Description: "Not for Sale" ACLBlacklist Count: 1, ACLWhiteList Count: 1 Traffic: 105Parcel[573]: Name: "Orientation Stations", Description: "Did you forget some SL basics? Did you miss some stations on Orientation Island? Duplicates of those stations can be found here" ACLBlacklist Count: 1, ACLWhiteList Count: 1 Traffic: 0Parcel[580]: Name: "Protected Land", Description: "Not For Sale" ACLBlacklist Count: 1, ACLWhiteList Count: 1 Traffic: 43Parcel[579]: Name: "Orientation Stations - in the Castle", Description: "Did you forget some SL basics? Did you miss some stations on Orientation Island? Duplicates of those stations can be found here" ACLBlacklist Count: 1, ACLWhiteList Count: 1 Traffic: 50Parcel[261]: Name: "A Change of Fate - Darkwood Themed Land", Description: "Themed Darkwood Land" ACLBlacklist Count: 1, ACLWhiteList Count: 1 Traffic: 21Parcel[262]: Name: "Empyreal Grounds", Description: "" ACLBlacklist Count: 1, ACLWhiteList Count: 1 Traffic: 3Parcel[37]: Name: "Castle Romulus and A Step Through Time", Description: "Male and Female clothing and a variety of texture packs and more yet to come..  Mutant Lives, Everyman, Whispers by Zelinna, US and Remnant Goods" ACLBlacklist Count: 2, ACLWhiteList Count: 6 Traffic: 67Parcel[129]: Name: "Kitra Kothari's Land", Description: "" ACLBlacklist Count: 1, ACLWhiteList Count: 1 Traffic: 26Parcel[320]: Name: "DV Designs - Dore", Description: "Low prim homes, houses, builds, platforms, shops and furniture with high prim style and cheap prices." ACLBlacklist Count: 1, ACLWhiteList Count: 1 Traffic: 49Parcel[260]: Name: "Dore", Description: "" ACLBlacklist Count: 0, ACLWhiteList Count: 0 Traffic: 0

TestClient has a parceldetails command to get more information about each, and so on.

At 31169 regions and 4096 4x4 blocks of land in each region, there are 127,668,224 blocks on the grid. Any of them can be joined, divided, transferred, renamed, etc. at any moment. Take the chronic stale data problems of land for sale on the map, and scale that up to include all the land, and there is the problem to be solved.

It might work Ok to restrict the parcel information to the local and bordering regions, to be transmitted and displayed on the map or mini map. At that point it becomes a new way to display the parcel boundaries and owners that can already be drawn on the terrain. From there, it only takes someone who thinks this kind display is worth the trouble to patch it into the viewer. The displays on the terrain are good enough for my needs.

You would need to execute llGetParcelInfo 4096 times to get all the parcel names and rough boundaries for a single sim.  Getting the owner name is a dataserver request unless it is in the sim's cache.

Instead, my navigator HUD scans ahead in the direction I am looking (how far ahead depends on how fast I am moving), and it will also check anywhere in the same sim that I click.  It displays parcel name, prim count/max, banlines, rez zones,  damage enabled, nofly, and the owner name if the sim has it in cache or if it is "Governor Linden".   Clicks also generate slurls in chat history which can be clicked for more information or to teleport.   It can also check in other sims if those sims have a navigator beacon.  Dots appear on the map in either case,  green for OK,  red for banlined or full parcel,  yellow for no information.

Contact me in-world if you would like one.  It is free,  full-perm, and open-source.

there are sensible reasons why there are no downlinks from region to parcel, but are uplinks from parcel to region... it has to do with modification versus creation and destruction in part, and in part because of how the original system was set up.

regardless, the reasons why don't matter as much as the current fact... can't do it that way right now.

Rufus Darkfold wrote:

You would need to execute llGetParcelInfo 4096 times to get all the parcel names and rough boundaries for a single sim.  Getting the owner name is a dataserver request unless it is in the sim's cache.

Instead, my navigator HUD scans ahead in the direction I am looking (how far ahead depends on how fast I am moving), and it will also check anywhere in the same sim that I click.  It displays parcel name, prim count/max, banlines, rez zones,  damage enabled, nofly, and the owner name if the sim has it in cache or if it is "Governor Linden".   Clicks also generate slurls in chat history which can be clicked for more information or to teleport.   It can also check in other sims if those sims have a navigator beacon.  Dots appear on the map in either case,  green for OK,  red for banlined or full parcel,  yellow for no information.

Contact me in-world if you would like one.  It is free,  full-perm, and open-source.

Very cool HUD, Rufus!

I think inclusion of the region name automatically in search would be pretty simple. Remind me please where I can request this, thanks.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4640 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.