Is it possible to transfer an item from one Marketplace store to another?

Kasabian Robonaught

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4645 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been selling an item of mine through a friend's marketplace store, but recently decided to start up my own shop. Is it possible for my friend to transfer an item - customer reviews and all - to another marketplace store?

The backdoor solution: is it possible for my friend to have items from my store listed and linked as "related items" beneath an item description from her store?

I know that I can easily ask her to unlist her item and for me to drop the item in my magic box and then just copy and paste all the text and images, etc, etc. That's easy...

BUT what i really want to keep is the customer reviews and, if possible, the specific web address for the item.

Thanks.

you can do a switch over time and have your friend put in the description something like :"Kasabian is taking over listing for this product, please see the page at..." then give the URL for your listing. It's not a perfect solution, but will give your customers time to make the switch over to your listing and add reviews and such there. You could also offer it for a reduced price during that time to encourage people to use your listing.

ETA: Another thing you can do: I'm in a similar situation where I'm listing products that I build together with a friend, since we're both making L$ off of my listings, she puts a link to my marketplace store in her profile. You could ask your friend to do something similar.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4645 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.