Sign in to follow this  
Imnotgoing Sideways

Looks normal in Blender - Inverted in SL.

So, just to make a quickie, I did a picket fence.  Start with a box, resize, extrude top, make pointy, dupe-dupe-dupe... 16 picket planks.  Two more boxes to make up the horizontal railing.  Joined all the objects and it looked good to go. =^-^=

Oh, then rezzed a single box which just envelopes the shape... My phys box, clean and simple. (^_^)

Import the mess into SL and....

The result can be seen here. (._.)

So... Any guess as to why my pickets inverted while the horizontal posts came out fine?  I'll explore it more later, but, ew. (>_<)

Much the same as a sculpt, mesh has only one side so you must ensure that your normals are pointed in the correct direction and all the same way. To fix this you would select your picketes and reverse the normal direction and this should fix your problem. What you have now is the normals pointed towards the inside.

In your editing program you should have an option to show normal direction, or possibly one sided faces so that the ones that would be transparant in SL would also be in your editing program. Hope this helps :D

Also, the default blender view render does not show how the faces are flipped: If you turn on textured mode, and turn off double sided faces, textured sides will show up while flipped sides appear invisible.

• Like 1