Having an issue when taking photo's

Kayliegh Lykin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4645 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

so when i take a snapshot all my interfaces go totally clear on me, its been happening for a lil while now and i have no idea how to fix it.i save all photos to my hard drive, i dont constrain proportions as i need to take pics of faces etc and find it easier to edit in ps, but still ive never had an issues up until now :( its very annoying my communication windows and edit windows go clear so i cant do anthing, any ideas or fixes for this?

sorry Im running widnows xp and pheonix as my viewer and i have updated that only a few days ago.

2 answers to this question

To get good answers you need to let us know which operating system you are using, Apple or Windows. We need to know the version too, XP, Vista, or Win7. Also, we need to know which viewer and version. You can easily get all that information by opening the viewer and clicking Help -> About.

There is a setting in the viewers for floating panel transparency. In SLV 2.8 it is in Me -> Preferences -> Color (tab). If the transparency setting has been changed, that could be the problem.

Occassionaly the user settings file will get corrupted. One can delete it. The viewer will rebuild the file on the next start up. If your in Windows Vista/Win 7 the file is in:

C:\Users\[windows_login_name]\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\user_settings\settings.xml

Replacing the single settings file is usually the point of a clean install. Give both of those a try.

For Photography in SL you will probably want to check out Kirsten's S21 viewer. It is very popular with photograhers and has some additional handy features for them.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4645 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.