New viewer laggy every where. What is the matter? Anyone else having these problems?

Ashly Aquila

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4651 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have been absent from SL for a couple of months. When I returned I downloaded Second Life version 2.8.0.236429 and now everything is laggy. I have never had this problem in the past. My computer is not that old and is fully capable of handling SL. Anyone else having this problem? Suggestions as to how to fix it?

1 answer to this question

Ashly Aquila wrote:

I have been absent from SL for a couple of months. When I returned I downloaded Second Life version 2.8.0.236429 and now everything is laggy. I have never had this problem in the past. My computer is not that old and is fully capable of handling SL. Anyone else having this problem? Suggestions as to how to fix it?

Welcome back to SL, and welcome also to Second Life Answers,Ashly.  Have you tried any of the other viewers? Phoenix for example?  Are the drivers for your graphics card up to date? Are you getting the "lag" when you are in busy welcome areas, or have you tried standing in an empty sim?  What sort of connection are you on (wired or wireless?).

Please add more information, by clicking options on top right of your original post and "edit". Or click on "permalink" at the bottom of any post you wish to respond to.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4651 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.