my second life veiwer crashed and nothing i do helps what should i do?

Jacqueline0494

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4651 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

First, check to be sure that your laptops meet LL's recommended standards >>> https://secondlife.com/my/support/system-requirements/index.php?lang=en-US .  Not all laptops do, especially if they have built-in graphics chips instead of graphics cards.  If they do meet standards, avoid trying to use wireless.  Many people have trouble with wireless connections in SL, because they are often less stable than a direct cable connection and they can suffer from interference from cell phones, garage door openrs, and other appliances, to say nothing of everyone else in the Starbucks or your residence hall. 

Those steps will address a couple of the most common reasons for disconnection problems.  If you are actually crashing, though (that is, you are getting a system error message that says LL is unable to log you in, or whatever ...), it's hard to know what the next step is unless we know what the error message is.  You may add more information to your question by clicking on the Options link in its upper right corner and selecting EDIT.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4651 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.