How do I find an instructional site to build a lighthouse

MsReality

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4652 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm building a site by the ocean for my SL class and am looking for instructions to build a lighthouse?  Also, I'm actually looking for a site where you can find specific building instructions by using a search engine.  I prefer video sites and am tired of looking through You Tube for the just right instructional video that does not cost money... lol

1 answer to this question

If you find one, it will be a rare stroke of luck.  Most builders in SL create things Lego-style.  We take basic prim shapes, stretch them, tweak them, and stack them until they look like something.  If you are trying to replicate something that exists in RL, it sometimes helps to have a few photos to work from.  For something as simple as a lighthouse, of course, all you need for the basic shape are a few tapered cylinders. If you are just beginning as a builder, I recommend visiting the Ivory Tower of Prims in world and doing loads of tutorials, or taking a class or two at Builder's Brewery.

The real beauty of any build, of course, is in the texturing. Without good textures, all you'll have is a plywood lighthouse that looks like a kid built it.  You can probably find freebie masonry textures that will do for a first project.  If you want fancier ones, you can start shopping in the zillion texture shops in world and on Marketplace, or you can learn to make them yourself with Photoshop or GIMP.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4652 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.