Can't edit objects on my own land?

depolo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4807 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hey everyone :)

Yesterday I purchased a plot of land, and it only had on 2 'Land For Sale' signs, which were returned to their owner. As I logged out of SL, the land was completely empty, and I had removed public access and set the build permissions to myself only, whilst the land was being developed.

I have logged on this morning to see that a large Citadel on a larger, adjoining parcel has two large support strutts sticking out over our border and into my land.  I cannot edit or move these and they really do get in the way - it's not just a small 'intrusion'.

Also, since this has happened, though I am not certain if it is the cause, I can build and delete my own objects, but not edit them?

It's quite frustrating as I had planned a bigger development than I have previously attempted, but now I don't have all my own land and cannot really build on it!

You can visit the land and see the problem for yourself at this location.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Matt

4 answers to this question

Getting rid of the encroaching prims is something that is best done by bringing it up with the owner of the prims in quiestion. If that does not get you anywhere, you can try filing a ticket.

I have heard of issues with objects not being possible to edit after creating/rezzing them. I don't, however, know how to get the editing possibilities back. Does a relog help? Or clearing the cache (Which I have no idea if works)?

- Luc -

Yes, send a notecard to your neighbor if you can't catch them in world. They should never have encroached like that. I have no issues at 300 feet or more (I actually have a neighbor with a giant megaprim that comes WAY over onto some group land I live on), but at ground level? Not good. I heard that LL was planning on making encroachment impossible, but that was months ago and I see no evidence of it yet.

AND so far as not being able to edit (modify) your own objects -- ones you have build and have NOTHING in them except your scripts, etc. -- this has happened to me often over the years. It has never seemed to have anything to do with ME :D. It might be a sim issue. Have you tried editing the same objects on a sandbox? Whatever the issue is (and it does seem to be a mystery) , the possible good news is that the problem rectified itself got me each time in a day or so. Hopefully that will be the case for you. If you were on estate land you could ask for a restart of the sim. ACTUALLY, since you must be premium, a talk with Live Chat might get you a sim restart if you want to work this weekend. Not sure if it is a server issue, but seems to be.

Note that it IS THE WEEKEND and we know how weekends are in SL *wink*. Not helpful I know when that is the only time you can log in :D.

Good luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4807 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.