Great Viewer for .dae and .obj files

Nacy Nightfire

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3285 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My favorite viewer right now is  3d Photo Browser Light  from Mootools.com which I bought a year ago for viewing .obj files.  In the recent update it now supports .dae (as well as alot of other formats).  What's great about it is you can rotate your view and see the mesh from any angle..which is really handy if you get confused by your own  naming conventions.  Its $29.00 with a month free trial which I think is pretty reasonable. EDIT TO ADD:  I just noticed its actually $21.00 if you order thru the free download version

Photoshop Bridge does view .obj but not with rotating views and it doesn't show .dae files. 

Anyone else using a viewer for these formats that they really love?

Thanks for the tip Chodai,  I just downloaded it and it does look very complex and powerful.  I'm going to have fun checking it out.  And free is great. 

From what I see it you have to individually load files to view and manipulate them, but maybe I'm wrong about that.  The 3d browser I mentioned I use lets you see large thumbnail snapshots of all 3d geometery in your selected directory.  You can then click on them  individually to go into a manipulation/viewing mode which I find handy, but this lite version isn't an editor like the Mesh Lab program.  Maybe they compliiment each other in their features.  As an absolutely free program Mesh Lab is excellent.

• 3 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3285 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.