rigging do not works properly - mesh clothes on mesh avie

MaxTux Wonder

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4645 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Look at this video:

This is the rig i made for my avie, the clothes has the exact same weight of the body, for one simple reason, i doubled the faces from the body to make clothes.

and the weight paint is the same for specular bones on my avie, i made it with mirror weight painting in blender.

Now look at this video made in SL, after i've imported my avie:

The rigging do not works properly, on the left side of my avie, faces crosses and clothes show what there is under (the body).

i repeat the rigging was made with mirror weight painting, and anyway the clothes share the exact weight paint of the body, just becouse those are doubled from the body itself!

Vote on Jira if you experience the same problem!

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/CTS-731 

thank you for your reply Marielle, sadly i can't use triangles on a rigged mesh avie, becouse there is a bug in sl that makes triangles face textureless (for rigged avies), i didn't report it on jira becouse i don't have time to take care of all bugs i find every day (i report just when i can't work around), but i will later.

*edit:

If i use ONLY triangles i can import without texture problems! i just convert all quads in triangles in blender :D

I will make you know if the faces crossing problem will persist after this try.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4645 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.