Lost temporary physical prims fired from gun, spamming my chat with "cannot move" messages

Kota Firegrave

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I recently fired a silly gun that shot small musical cubes in a friend's parcel on mainland. Apparently the prims have managed to somehow push past the parcel boundries and there are now 3+ prims that are spamming me with "Cannot move to" messages. Ive gone to the exact coordinate that the messages are coming from, and i cannot find the prims. Theyre temporary, and i fired the gun yesterday, so they seem to be glitched and wont dissappear, and because i cannot find them, they continue to spam me with messages even if im in other sims. 

Any help would be appreciated, because theyre in multiple parcels, and i cannot find the owners of each.

Even though you gave good advice, its a box, about 1x1x1 and ive figured out its just one prim, and its somehow zipping about the sim at some sort of terminal velocity. Im fairly certain that i'll need someone of power over that entire region to return it, seeing how its impossible to track down with it being constantly moving. It being mainland, It would probably have to be a linden.

1 answer to this question

Bullets are very small, so you can't see them until you are almost on top of them.  The best way to spot them is to highlight transparency (type CTRL + Alt + T).  That should work because a lot of bullets spew an annoying cloud of particles, which is much larger than the bullets themselves and will glow red when highlighted.  If you have the exact coordinates where they are spamming from, they shouldn't be all that hard to find.  Do remember to cam around and look from several angles, though.  If your bullets are skinny in one dimension, they could be hard to see unless you are looking at them straight on.

To avoid this problem in the future, script your bullets to die if they aren't over your land.  Adding a simple line in a timer event should do it, assuming that you have a timer event in the bullet's script. If not, write one.  A basic script to do the job could look like this:

default{     on_rez (integer startup)     {          llSetTimerEvent(1.0);     }     timer()     {          if(!llOverMyLand(llGetOwner()))          {               llDie();          }     }}

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.