Sign in to follow this  
ameliasomerhalder

Share your SL love stories:)

Storm Clarence wrote:

Nacy Nightfire wrote:

I swear to everyone with my right hand  on the LL TOS and my left over my heart that JeanneAnne is not my alt. 

At least she had something kind to say.  My alt hates me.  I would never allow him to post.

I thought that you said your alt was a 'she'? 

Rowan Villiers wrote:

So yeah, my veiw of SL relationships may be slightly skewed by bitterness.  I would say, keep all the standard cliches in mind- look out for #1, if it seems too good to be true it probably is, and most importantly- fool me once shame on you, but fool me twice and shame on me.

Humm...this is how I remember that saying...

@Nacy & Rowan:

You're stories are so sad. Interestingly, the death of the relationship from both of your perspectives seems to be entirely the fault of the man. I don't think it's really his fault though. The relationship was doomed from the beginning.

The traditional pair-bonding relationship is hopelessly flawed in SL. It barely works in RL. Even though a man may not consciously be aware of it, his top priority in a mate is ensuring that viable, healthy offspring will result. Hence, he seeks youth and beauty and matters of personality and common interests are given far less weight. The woman's top priority is that the man will be able to provide for offspring that will result, and so her top priority is a man with resources or the ability to obtain resources and hence looks for a rich guy or a tall guy with broad shoulders that could wrestle a water buffalo to the ground after chasing it for three days.

Once they partner, however, it gets a little lonely. The man is into fishing, which the woman hates, and the woman is into crossword puzzles which the man hates. However, the sex is pleasureable and that gets them through the occassional rough patches until children arrive, and thereafter their common interest in seeing their children survive keeps the couple together. In SL though, the sex doesn't quite have the same effect and no children arrive sharing the DNA of the mother and father. As a result, there is little to hold the relationship together and it usually swiftly ends.

My story is so sad?  Why?  SL is entertainment, it has no greater meaning to me.  When I log out, I'm out.

Also, I'm not bitter, I'm just a cynic.  There's a world of difference. And all the guys I've known "faux-romantically" have been very nice people, for the most part.

All relationships in SL are "doomed"...or have an unknown  expiration date.  It's the nature of the beast.  It would just be easier if people were more honest about their agendas and respectful of mine, but I'll accept that "no-fault" characterization.

You know what Randall? Your Darwinian perspective is SOOooo on target... that I hate you for it . See what being right gets you?

jk.. but only partly..

;)

It's really hard for two people to be all things to one another. Pairing off and becoming isolated with your lover in a retreat somewhere creates too much pressure. You need to stay hungry for your lover and leave each meeting not quite satisfied and wanting more. I recommend an alt for each day of the week, with each alt for a different lover so that all your needs are met. If you ever see a guy named FridayLover posting on here, that might be me.

I think SL is just like any other social network, you can talk to people and make new friends just like in fb, twitter or even msn.
Almost 4 years ago I met my actual rl partner. He's from Italy, I'm from Argentina. We both had to learn each other langeages cos english all time was wierd, mostly cos it was time to meet our families. So... now we have a 2yo daugther and a 4 month baby :)
I dont know if Iv been lucky, I know my destiny was to be with him and if we didnt meet in SL we would have met in any other place, I'm sure about that.
Anyway, I think its so wrong when people comes to SL with huge expectations of finding love.
I never did that, just come to sl to have a good time with my friends. And not so often now as my kids dont give me the time :P
Oh and yes, relationships is sl ARE real... we'r not pixels, behind that avi there are real people. So how can that not be real? :/

Carole Franizzi wrote:

Oh....this is an old thread....wonder if the OP and her SL love are still together....???

Oh hi Carole!  Good question!  BTW I love to necro post from time to time too!

Peace!

Hippie Bowman wrote:

Carole Franizzi wrote:

Oh....this is an old thread....wonder if the OP and her SL love are still together....???

Oh hi Carole!  Good question!  BTW I love to necro post from time to time too!

Erm, Carole's post is dated 2011, two years ago . . .

Better get the prescription of your specs checked, Hippy.

I know this thread is ancient but it seems to me to be still relevant!

OK, so I joined SL in early March because it felt a safe place to explore my recently discovered bisexuality. Safer than RL as I am already in a RL relationship.

In early April I met this powerful, big oldish looking avatar in a blues club and felt drawn to it. Not being the shy type I sat beside him at the bar, (who dances to blues music??) and started a conversation. We spent the next hour chatting until the music changed and I left him to go and dance. He followed me and asked me to dance with him. What followed was 15 minutes of the funniest most hilarious movements that brought tears of laughter to my eyes in RL. I laughed nonstop as he strolled around my avatar in a ballet coreography worthy of The Swan Lake while Lady Gaga kept saying Let's Dance. We attempted many other moves but none seem to be al tempo or in synchrony with the music or each other. It was one of those genious moments of pure comedy that had me in stitches in RL. When we finally got it right I had been laughing nonstop for longer than I had done in ages. He apologized saying that although an experienced resident in SL he hadn't been out dancing that much and had probably forgotten how couple stuff worked.

We stayed for a couple of hours in that club talking while dancing together and he later invited me to his SL home and we had sex. It was virtual sex but for whatever reason it became and felt very much like real sex. I had had SL virtual sex a few times before but it never felt like what I lived through that night. The intensity of the experience had me thinking about it the next day, scared the hell out of me and made me wonder if I could be going insane...

We met the following night too and he seemed to have gone through the same experience. We talked and stayed together online for hours again, we discovered many similarities in what we like and how we see the world, we had sex again and it was amazing again.

My attempt to keep SL and RL separate broke when we heard each other for the first time. I discovered I even like the voice of someone I have never met in RL! How insane is that??!

Fast forward to almost a month later and RL is dictating when and for how long we can be online together, and it looks like we are losing due to conflicting schedules, time differences, busy RLs, etc., but the whole experience has made realized SL relationships can indeed be very real. I joined looking for uncomplicated fun, no strings attached relationships, an ecape from the mundane, and it turns out SL relationships can turn all that upside down...

Maybe I should have sticked to the SIMS HAHAHA!!

• Like 1

So yeah I have been in a couple SL relationships..

The one that shocked me the most is that one of them is a transsexual :/

"She" opened up to me telling me the truth at the end but I just left her :( I honestly couldn't go on.

From 2 years ago I have been having master and slave relationships, hmmm I am the slave :) I have been extremely addicted to it and I can find romance in the roleplay :D now I'm in gor and I miss him all the time!!

I love it coz this is my inner self. I always wanted a fantasy to have a male dominate me hahahahahha.

I have to say SL has been a real eye opener for me, i made friends with an amazing group  of friends and those friendships has lasted over 7yrs, My sl sister met her partner 6yrs ago and married and have also met in RL and still going strong now, My Best friend and her partner have been together 5yrs, , i myself have had good an bad relationships and watched others go through the same thing.

I became best friends with a guy 7yrs ago we always do lots together building and creating new ideas, i watch him have lovely relationships with other women and he was always there during mine. Nothing has ever happened between us over the years and i'm a firm believer everything has a time and place and if its mean't to happen it will, well the time came where we both admitted our true feelings for each other it was very weird dating after being such good friends for 7yrs and it took sometime getting to know each other intimately but for us it was worth the wait i can honestly say i love my best friend were enjoying our time together in SL and the great thing is we can meet one day in RL as we only live 2hrs apart and we both know each other well enough to do that, Sometimes taking a chance can work out with the right person. i feel like i have kissed a few frogs in SL but now i am happy with a man i know i can trust who is loyal and has no hidden agenda's and someone who only has eyes for me and no one else.

SL can truely be amazing sometimes i never gave up on love and some how it found me. :)

20 minutes ago, Draxtor Despres said:

𝔄𝔴𝔞𝔨𝔢𝔫, 𝔞𝔴𝔞𝔨𝔢𝔫, 𝔞𝔴𝔞𝔨𝔢𝔫, 𝔞𝔴𝔞𝔨𝔢𝔫 ...

Necropost.thumb.jpg.ae5f3859ec580c3b13b4f2c9a8d3eacf.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Ive been with my partner i met in SL since 2009 and still going lol, theres been alot of ups and downs but the end of the day were made it work

• Like 1

I have two friends I love dearly I met back in 09' when I first discovered SL.  I can truly say I adore them with all my heart and they have done so many things to enrich my virtual life experience.  They have spoiled me to be honest, just out of love and respect. This is so much more than a game, it's hope ..it's encouragement..it's an imaginary life that lends itself to enhancing your real life attitude in so many ways. That's why I continue to be part of SL to this day!  It's my calm in this crazy real world.  I hope to get to meet my friends in real life someday.  It's been 10 years..I think it's time!!! ❤️

Not much.  My main was Dj at Engine for years. Always oddly seemed interested in a guy with a Dwarf avatar. We started talking, got to know each other, and now we are together in RL and engaged to be married. Was worth it. We stil lRP medieval stuff or friendly community events and stuff. Have computeres side by side. 

• Like 2

Got 22 motorcycles and a car... That about it for SL love stories, i think.... Oh BTW this post originate from 2011 so the OP probably divorced and remarried like 50 times since.

• Haha 1