ameliasomerhalder

Share your SL love stories:)

I know a lot of people don't think SL relationships are real, but I know many others have found real love here on SL.So does anyone want to share their stories?Well I'll start with mine:)

So I am new to SL and I've been here for 4 weeks now? I met this guy at the beach when I was about 5 days old, I know I must have looked like an idiot, with an oversized head (showing through my hair), without any AOs and I kept pushing people accidentally...And I think I pushed him and I apologised, that was how we started chatting and I thought he was cool (personality-wise,didn't really appreciate the way he dressed even as a noob:P).then he brought me to loads of different shops and bought me some decent skin and hair, and also showed me some of his favourite places. and i guess we talked for around 4 hours? 

the next time I logged on (which must have been about about 3 days later), he was online! I was really excited but I didn't want to show that because I wanted to play hard to get (i know its lame:P) before I could say anything, he said hed missed me and we kept chatting for another 3 hours and while we were trying out all the rides in the amusement park. Now everytime we are both online, we talk about absolutely everything and most importantly, we really care about each other and we definitely enjoy each other's company:) I'm really glad I met him and I really hope our relationship will last:)
So what about everyone else? any stories to share with us?

Hey...a really nice story and I wish you two all the best!

I was not that lucky cause my two relationships did end up with much sadness, but I think now I´m free for something new and maybe one day I can tell about my love and me here!:-)

Sounds a bit dodgy to me.  Why would he be buying you skin and hair when you'd only just met?   I hope he fixed his noob self up as well, while he was at it.  :matte-motes-tongue:

I have met many friends/lovers in just the same way... casual coversation turns to flirtation and then a bit more.  You should definitely be open to it but be wary as well, not everyone is as genuine as you are.  I have been in SL quite awhile and have literally experienced or seen thru my friends, the good and the bad of sl relationships.  The most important thing is to decide for yourself... how much your are willing to share, how open you want to be, are you looking for flirtation and/or a sl affair or a possible rl connection? My best advice... don't, do not, tie yourself down to one man in sl, unless you have known the guy for more than... oh say six months and he is really that wonderful.  Believe me, any normal male in SL won't demand exclusivity unless he is a control freak (or he might really love you).  The cynical would say assume he is lying about everthing he tells you... I would say take everything with a grain of salt, trust your intuition - if it sounds to good to be true it probably is... but maybe not.

SL is an opportunity for you to experiment with relationships, sl time is faster than rl so you will see some bfs come and go... When you have decided what you want from an sl relationship then that will determine how you deal with the men you meet... there are many good men on sl, many men seeking rl love and companionship - I have met men here i cherish deeply, and i have had my heart saddened by liars.. sometimes I have forgiven the lies they tell, or ignored them... because this is our second life, and personally I don't care about rl details but i do care about character, and I expect to be treated with love and respect when we are together. 

Don't ever EVER put up with abuse or dissrespect in an sl relationship...  Remember that you can re-invent yourself as a princess, a dragon, a warrior, a witch, a goddess, an elf.... I hope you see my point, make your sl your escape and/or find your prince if that is what you seek, no matter what, set your expectations high and do not compromise the things you value.

ameliasomerhalder wrote:

I know a lot of people don't think SL relationships are real, but I know many others have found real love here on SL.So does anyone want to share their stories?Well I'll start with mine:)

So I am new to SL and I've been here for 4 weeks now? I met this guy at the beach when I was about 5 days old, I know I must have looked like an idiot, with an oversized head (showing through my hair), without any AOs and I kept pushing people accidentally...And I think I pushed him and I apologised, that was how we started chatting and I thought he was cool (personality-wise,didn't really appreciate the way he dressed even as a noob:P).then he brought me to loads of different shops and bought me some decent skin and hair, and also showed me some of his favourite places. and i guess we talked for around 4 hours? 

the next time I logged on (which must have been about about 3 days later), he was online! I was really excited but I didn't want to show that because I wanted to play hard to get (i know its lame:P) before I could say anything, he said hed missed me and we kept chatting for another 3 hours and while we were trying out all the rides in the amusement park. Now everytime we are both online, we talk about absolutely everything and most importantly, we really care about each other and we definitely enjoy each other's company:) I'm really glad I met him and I really hope our relationship will last:)

So what about everyone else? any stories to share with us?

Hi Ameliasomerhald!  Welcome to Sl and to the Sl forums.  Awhile back i posted a thread called SL Relationships. How real are they to you. Instead of reposting here, take a look at http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Lifestyles-and-Relationships/SL-Relationships-How-real-are-they-to-you/m-p/858815/message-uid/858815#U858815.  Yes, I believe SL relationships, can be as real as any!  Far out!

Peace!

hello, cute story :) i hope it works out for you twoo :)))))

well my story is, i met my rl partner on sl first, known each other for almost a year and a half been together for almost a year.

we met in an odd way, at a club people saying where they are from, the one time i actually admitted to my state, and said it in local chat, i get an im asking which part i was from, and turned out me and him lived only 5 hours apart. :))) 

we chatted up that night for almost 8 hours haha didnt sleep, it was soem of the best conversation of my life...

we eventually started dating in sl :) and then moved it to rl, we finally met in rl about 9 months after meeting each other in sl

and we had been in love with each other from even before then, but meeting confirmed it, we eventually moved in together, with only meeting each other 3 times a total of 30 days together. but spending all night and all day talking to each other every single day, meeting each others family, we knew it was right. we live together now and have for almost 4 months. it is a great relationship, and i can honestly say, i have found my soulmate :)))

so it can happen, believe me, im living proof that you can find who you are suppose to be with in sl :) 

just like there is fate in rl, that also applies for sl as well lols

good luck you too, but be careful, it took me a lot of a**holes before i found my mr right in sl.... so just know not all are going to work, but some just might...

:))

• Like 1

I fell in love with a bot at the Warmouth infohub.  Ok, ok..so he was more of a mannikin then a man, but he let me talk at him non stop without my coming up for a breath of virtual air and  didn't run screaming into the virtual night.  He was always there for me 24/7. Other then his job of shouting out land advertisments (I just love a guy in advertising)  he was perfection.   Then one day he disappeared.  My virtual heart went with him.

Nacy Nightfire wrote:

I fell in love with a bot at the Warmouth infohub.  Ok, ok..so he was more of a
mannikin
then a man, but he let me talk at him non stop without my coming up for a breath of virtual air and  didn't run screaming into the virtual night.  He was always there for me 24/7. Other then his job of shouting out land advertisments (I just
love
a guy in advertising)  he was perfection.   Then one day he disappeared.  My virtual heart went with him.

LOL Nacy!  So funny!

Peace!

I'm new to sl (this is only my second week). I met a guy like my first or second day, and we really seem to have hit it off. He has taken me shopping & bought me stuff. I really like using the kissing & cuddling animations with him. We have had a lot of fun together but already I'm beginning to see some potential problems. For one, we speak different languages and the translator leaves a lot to be desired. Sometimes the things we say to one another come across as pretty weird in translation. Another thing is that we live in different time zones, so its hard for us to be together in sl. These things are neither  one of our faults, of course. Altho my new sl bf is very nice in most ways, when we are inworld together he demands my time. The other evening a very good friend I made in sl (a woman) was explaining to me how to wear & use a chimera, to edit it & make it invisible, etc. It was important for me to learn this. My bf was IMing me the whole while, distracting me. I asked him to please be patient, that I was learning stuff he would like, but he seemed jealous, like he thought I was doing naughty things with someone else behind his back, which I wasn't. Also, he's begun bugging me for rl photos of myself. I wish he would take the time to allow our relationship to develop, rather than being so pushy. I would like nothing better than to continue being gf/bf but I'm afraid I can see a breakup coming. Why can't guys take it easy & allow friendship, and possibly love, to develop naturally? I want to please him but I don't like being rushed into things.

I've never been in love. I had a mild crush on a few people -- in online environments that is, not in RL where people scare the crap out of me -- but that quickly faded once I got to know them better, and I think the experience was mutual.

You wrote: "I want to please him but I don't like being rushed into things."

And you also stated you've  only  been in SL two weeks.  Feeling rushed is an alarm you should pay attention to, as well as being wary of someone who bugs you for photos repeatedly.  Don't take wanting to please him too far.  If you are pleasing type of person, that's a lovely thing, but it sets you up to have your own personal SL agenda railroaded derailed.  Did you come into SL to follow someone else's idea of a good time, or your own?  Stick to your guns.  He'll either stay on your terms (which will also be his terms if you are compatible) or he'll go, and you'll find a bf that's more respectful of your time. 

I've never had a problem finding a bf in SL when I've been in the mood to have one, and I'm an argumentative and irascible person (ask anyone here on this forum)  So don't be afraid to move on.  I've met quite a few nice guys to hang out with that are interesting, intelligent, and lots of  fun to spend time with both romantically and just as friends.

Edited to change the word: Railroaded to derailed.

Nacy Nightfire wrote:

I've never had a problem finding a bf in SL when I've been in the mood to have one...

You must have a pretty nice looking avatar. I had to look up your profile after that and saw that you have a joke photo. However, I noticed from your profile that you have been a member since 2007. You're probably quite experienced and know the subject matter well. Hence, we should consider your comments seriously on the subject.

The title of this thread reminds me of the book by Robert Fulghum entitled "True Love". Fulghum asked people to tell him loves stories, not ones that they heard, but ones that they lived. He even sat in a coffee shop in Seattle with a sign that read, "Tell me a short love story and I will buy you coffee and make you famous."

It gets lonely. We all need someone, even if it's just a cat or a dog.

Yes Randall, at one time I spent too much time in SL and had a beautiful avatar.  And then it began to creep me out that too many  men were chatting me up  because I was a great looking cartoon.  If this was RL, that's another matter altogether, but a drawing?  Grant it I'd put together a very attractive, carefullly put together cartoon.  My virtual beauty didn't really signify much except perhaps a talent for buying skins and pixel clothing at time when most people wore skins that were still pretty basic. So it became an interesting artistic challenge to be one step ahead of the pack.  Now that look is pretty ordinary. 

These days I have a great deal of fun staying invisible or wearing the mesh projects I'm working on.  I choose not to keep many social connections in SL because I just like to come and go, I spend much less time in SL then I used to, and basically log in to  work on projects uninterrupted.

As too "It gets lonely. We all need someone, even if it's just a cat or a dog." I admit to having in RL a cat,  two dogs, a husband I love and RL friends that mean a lot to me.  However, lonliness is a state of mind and often has little to do with being with or without company.  I've never minded being alone for hours working on all sorts of projects and hobbies.  

I've alway be struck how strange it is that people will come up to me in SL while I'm working on something and they'll say "you look lonely, why are you alone?".  In reality I might have a houseful of people buzzing around me in RL. So odd.  And how can an avatar look lonely?

@Nacy, must be cool to have a dog.

OK, here's my love story. After many years, I returned to a community that I lived in years ago (a trailer park near the California coast). An older woman saw me and said "I remember you. You lived here a long time ago. Where have you been?"

I replied, "I was in prison for killing my wife. I've just been released."

She said, "oh, so you're single now?"

That was my second wife. Kidding! I like to make up stuff. It keeps me from going crazy. I was actually never convicted. :D

I fell in love with an extremely popular content creator who shall remain nameless when I had been in SL for 7-8 months.  At the time, his now-huge store was fairly new and he also owned a club where I worked.  He spent over a year convincing me that he was the most amazing man on the planet.  Even when the romantic part of our relationship fell apart(because he decided he was polyamorous irl and I'm not down with that), after a brief period of hurt hostility after I broke it off, he continued to seem to want to be close to me as a friend, a confidant.  He even continued a bit of dirty talk with me under the guise of "helping me learn to love myself" while he was with someone else later on- and as that part of the relationship was always intense, I played along.  That is, until I guess he found what he really wanted in a woman and didn't need to be that confidant- during the worst and most painful time I'd gone through in the years we'd known each other he stopped talking, stopped returning my messages.  Then after several months of being ignored, I finally let him know how that let me feel, and he basically ripped me apart- called me horrible things, said he was too busy to listen to my problems anymore, and that I needed to quit "hitting on him" because he was happy in his relationship- and I wasn't at all hitting on him.  He was the one who convinced me that I should always share my feelings.  Basically- this guy is a total piece of garbage who is a hell of a good actor.  I'm glad his store is failing now and he might have to give up his sim.  Just the childish, vindictive part of me.  >=)

So yeah, my veiw of SL relationships may be slightly skewed by bitterness.  I would say, keep all the standard cliches in mind- look out for #1, if it seems too good to be true it probably is, and most importantly- fool me once shame on you, but fool me twice and shame on me.

TRUE CONFESSIONS!!! :matte-motes-shocked:<- That'z ":matte-motes-shocked!"

Ok, a composite story of all the lovers I've had in SL.

We meet.  We expressed interest.  I state my boundries: 1) I'm happily married in RL, not looking for a SL/RL relationship, just some amusement. 2) I will never exchange photos, addresses or phone numbers. He states his: none.  Then we do the dance-y-dancey- thing.  We make him over into a decent representation of a desirable male human being.  We go lingerie shopping for moi. We rent a  beach house and played "cram in the virtual furniture" and then spent hours rtfm on pose ball usage.  We skip the children and the obnoxiously breeding furpests and agree to buying a plant we need to water.  It  holds us hostage for a week and then dies. We travel around a bit together.  We  go to music events.  We watched movies.  We Slexed it up a bit.

Then bit by bit RL sneaks in.  A request for a photo.  An insistance (NOOooooo!) that he send me a photo of himself, that we go on voice, or I visit his facebook page, or  I visit his web page (nope), that I take his cell phone number "just in case", that I text him, or I give up more details about what I like to refer to as giving a.n.a.l..age, name and location (the sex part already being confirmed on voice), which I would never do in a million years. ick.

So I end the relationship. I get bored.  I don't want RL.  I dont' want to  to talk about his, and I don't need to talk about  my real life stressful events.  That's not the kind of relationship I seek in SL, but many folks do, just not my thing.  I move on.

I like your posts NN.

You have common sense, give good advice, & are funny.

Keep up the good work & thanks for being here!

JA

I swear to everyone with my right hand  on the LL TOS and my left over my heart that JeanneAnne is not my alt. (But if I were to have one I'd have to model it after her).

Thanks for the kind words, JeanneAnne!:matte-motes-smile:

Edited yet another post due to omitted word(s).

Nacy Nightfire wrote:

I swear to everyone with my right hand  on the LL TOS and my left over my heart that JeanneAnne is not my alt. 

At least she had something kind to say.  My alt hates me.  I would never allow him to post.