What are those strange spikes?

Madeliefste Oh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have experience several times now when I'm in a mesh sandbox on maingrid that here and there spikes pop up, where they should not be. Sometimes I see them on the object I'm working on, sometimes on my fingers or legs, sometimes in the land. Tonight they were more like triangles, normally I see much longer spikes...spikes.jpg

What is this, how does it happen?

Because of the left half of the image I disagree with Nyll. Still, you could check your video driver and change versions to see if that makes a differnce.

Video artifacts usually do not create spikes like the one on the left. Video problems usually ignores the virtual world based triangles and render odd screen based triangles creating patterns on screen. The missing face in the right side might be an artifact. But, I think it looks more like a reversed normal.

I suggest trying another mesh region and seeing if you get the same results. If it is region independnet, try another release of the Mesh Project Viewer. Or visit the region with Kirsten's viewer, it renders and uploads mesh but has a custom render pipline. Using Kirsten should tell you if it is a region or viewer problem.

If you see the problem in both veiwers and a driver change does not help, file a JIRA report with your image and several more examples.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.