Where do I find Mesh inworld

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

First, you need a Mesh viewer - http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Alternate_Viewers

Then, after you install that and start it up, you want to log into the Agni grid, as the Mesh viewer defaults to Aditi, which is the beta grid. If you do not have that option on your login screen, goto Preference, goto the last tab, and check the box that says Show Grid Selection on Login.

Then, you can log in. Now, which regions are mesh enabled? Let me give you a page with some links.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Mesh/Mesh_regions

If you are going there to see mesh, unless you find some1 actually working on a mesh project, you are not going to see a bunch of mesh everywhere. LL keeps returning our items, so even if we leave something there for some1 to see, LL returns it to us.

Thank you. Could you tell me how I can bring up the edit menu to check the amount of prims that these Meshes take up by clicking on them in edit mode? I have noticed that whenever I right click on them (while not in edit mode) the entire structure is highlighted, does that mean that the entire structure (say a building for example) takes up only one prims or is it more likely that the structure is just linked together?

Check for a number in the object info labeled PE.

No meshes count as 1 prim. Unfortunately, the smallest they can be is 2 prim.

PE = number of prim the mesh is equivalent to.

Meshes can equal any number of prims from 2 upwards, primcount increases with scale too.

So smaller things are always less prims than big things.

Yes!

lol, a structure could be linked together. In this case you will see all the linked items highlighted in a blue, and the main prim highlighted in yellow. You will just be looking at the main edit window for objects, just like a normal prim. A mesh can also me linked, and also linked with other mesh. The total prim cost will be labeled as PE or Prim Equivalence.

You will never see any mesh that is one prim. The lowest possible primcount is 2 prims.

Like with normal prims you can right click them. And you see for example:

Mesh_moreisless.jpg

As you see this 1 object exists out of tien parts... the editors says prims, but that is misleading, you must read prims as 'parts' en the number of prim equivs tell you how many prims the object takes.

To see the edit functions, on the log in screen where it says basic, change that to advanced.

Adv1.jpg

After you have done that, click 'Me' in the top left corner, then 'Preferences'.

In the new window click the Advanced Tab then tick the 3 options shown.

Adv2.jpg

You should see Advanced and Developer menus along the top of your window now, you can find everything you need in those.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.