Textures hardly load!

NicholasKulp

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3443 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just upgraded to V2 and now I'm having trouble loading my avatar.  It shows him, yeah, but the skin and clothing etc is all blurry... none of it looks good! Except the prim attachments.  I have avatar on high and objects on high.  WHAT is the problem? :(

It helps some, and not others.

From Phoenix/Firestorm Wiki: "Some users benefit from having this on, others do not. Some have much higher rates of bake fail, and/or textures which never fully render, when this is enabled."

It's helped everyone that I've advised inworld to change this setting. :smileywink:

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

It helps some, and not others.

From Phoenix/Firestorm Wiki
: "Some users benefit from having this on, others do not. Some have much higher rates of bake fail, and/or
textures
which never fully render, when this is enabled."

It's helped everyone that I've advised inworld to change this setting. :smileywink:

Consider the source and take with a massive grain of salt.  These people aren't exactly known for having it together in terms of knowing thier stuff.

• 1 year later...

I just wanted to say thank you for the tip about turning off "HTTP Textures". I'm using Viewer 2 at the moment (version 3.5.0 (273444) Apr  3 2013 12:48:32 (Second Life Release)) and as soon as I Rebaked Textures after unchecking "HTTP Textures" in the "Develop Menu", I haven't expereinced blurry avatar textures ever since. Thank you!

HTTP Textures ON: http://i.imgur.com/vVapGbO.png

HTTP Textures OFF: http://i.imgur.com/jOjebEx.png

And for those of you wanting to know how to do this: Pres Ctrl+Alt+Q to show the "Develop" menu in your viewer if it is not already showing, and then uncheck "HTTP Textures".

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3443 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.