Apple now has more cash to spend than the United States government.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4643 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Void Singer wrote:

rated by whom? the English that have their taste buds forcibly removed so they can stand the bland local food? the "facts" are debatable because they are all based on regional tastes, making them meaningless outside of their areas...

straight chocolates, I prefer Swiss; truffles, Belgian or German; extra dark, I prefer the Italian ones over the Belgian, but both are good. the French are good at cordials and similar oversweet combinations, but that's about it IMO, and Hersheys is only suitable for coating other things by comparison IMO (and I'm distantly related to him, so no nepotism). but those are my tastes...

other large commercial brands in the US like Nestle (oily cocoa powder), Cadbury (Bland and grainy), and Dove (plastic) are only worth mentioning as how bad they are in comparison.

not at all ,they are rated by other chocolatiers.

i suggest you have never had good chocolate.

commercial chocolate is only fit for pigs.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What!!?? Oh please call the ambulance coz I'm having a heart attack from laughing...

French Fries, the americans will call it anything.. heck if they had their way, they might even call it McD fries but in all ignorance they called it French Fries instead. Of course, the people in Paris just went along with it when they knew it wasn't them who invented it. They are as wrong as the Scots calling haggis as theirs when it would have been the Italians or more specifically, Romans or the Chinese in China claiming Hainan Chicken Rice as theirs when it should have been a Malaysian dish.

Your bread & butter pudding tasted like soggy stale bread in milk next to Umm Ali from Egypt. Your over celebrated - quote & unquote - celebrity chefs couldn't even make up their mind if Yorkshire pudding should have 4, 8 or 3 big egss in it and Jamie Oliver cried in front of a US national TV because the kids in school thought his broccoli was awful. Don't even get me started with James Martin or Gary Rhodes.

The truth is Dogboat, you have more credibility if you based your facts from TV Monde than brown-nosing BBC.

Now you dare to say that you make the best chocolates? Where is that damn ambulance....

Willow Danube wrote:

What!!?? Oh please call the ambulance coz I'm having a heart attack from laughing...

French Fries, the americans will call it anything.. heck if they had their way, they might even call it McD fries but in all ignorance they called it French Fries instead. Of course, the people in Paris just went along with it when they knew it wasn't them who invented it. They are as wrong as the Scots calling haggis as theirs when it would have been the Italians or more specifically, Romans or the Chinese in China claiming Hainan Chicken Rice as theirs when it should have been a Malaysian dish.

Your bread & butter pudding tasted like soggy stale bread in milk next to Umm Ali from Egypt. Your over celebrated - quote & unquote - celebrity chefs couldn't even make up their mind if Yorkshire pudding should have 4, 8 or 3 big egss in it and Jamie Oliver cried in front of a US national TV because the kids in school thought his broccoli was awful. Don't even get me started with James Martin or Gary Rhodes.

The truth is Dogboat, you have more credibility if you based your facts from TV Monde than brown-nosing BBC.

Now you dare to say that you make the best chocolates? Where is that damn ambulance....

i dare to say it because its true.

you really need to check your facts.

brown nosing the BBC?

its been on every news channel,  its been in the times, the economist, the spectator, the NY times.

i dont watch TV and i dont have a clue what TV monde is, TV world? very sophisticated im sure.

from a country that has macdonalds slurry, and elasticated tartan trousers ?

lol.

by the way, the people of paris hold the USA with as much disregard as the rest of the world do.

You see this is where you are wrong.. you don't watch TV and your knowledge of food (nevermind your taste bud...you need a surgeon for that) has no real bearing other than few hundred words of paragraphs from those politically biased news junks you've been reading.

I know I am right in this, why? because I am... I am not biased. You are. It's very obvious, as always.

BTW, TV Monde is French.. You failed. LOL!

Willow Danube wrote:

You see this is where you are wrong.. you don't watch TV and your knowledge of food (nevermind your taste bud...you need a surgeon for that) has no real bearing other than few hundred words of paragraphs from those politically biased news junks you've been reading.

I know I am right in this, why? because I am... I am not biased. You are. It's very obvious, as always.

BTW, TV Monde is French.. You failed. LOL!

hahaha because i havent heard of tv monde?

i dont have a tv in my house.

those "politically biased news junks"  were quite right in this case.

or are you going to say its all lies?

i'll be fascinated to read your response.

ETA. did you mean tv5 monde?

I am responding now

and yes, they are mostly fabricated news junks especially about food. I rather read food stuff from Lonely Planet than those so called food writers whose experiences are dining at posh restaurants with 5 type of spoons. We all now that the best food are the little known ones. You really should go out more.

No seriously...

Void Singer wrote:

Dogboat Taurog wrote:

not at all ,they are rated by other chocolatiers.

ah so it's either the blind leading the blind or a local circle jerk... got it, thanks for the clarification =P

nooo these are experts in their field.

unless of course you think you are an expert because you have eaten airport chocolate. :smileywink:

Willow Danube wrote:

I am responding now

and yes, they are mostly fabricated news junks especially about food. I rather read food stuff from Lonely Planet than those so called food writers whose experiences are dining at posh restaurants with 5 type of spoons. We all now that the best food are the little known ones. You really should go out more.

No seriously...

lonely planet and haut cusine are like comparing living to eat versus eating to live.

you dont understand what good food is if you make such a rediculous comparison.

enjoy your big mac and fries.

i might send you a doggie bag sometime if you are very lucky.

There you have it, Dogboat! The best chocolate makers in the world do not send their patrons home with a doggy bag... obviously they do not have much respect for their own chocolates. I can almost believe that your cocoas are homegrown as well which made it the worst kind.

So please keep your doggy bag with you, A dog's food in a doggy bag belongs to no one but you, Dog.  

Willow Danube wrote:

There you have it, Dogboat! The best chocolate makers in the world do not send their patrons home with a doggy bag... obviously they do not have much respect for their own chocolates. I can almost believe that your cocoas are homegrown as well which made it the worst kind.

So please keep your doggy bag with you, A dog's food in a doggy bag belongs to no one but you, Dog.  

nooo, one doesnt eat chocolate for dinner.

and please dont discuss my cocoas in public.

Void Singer wrote:

know? or just believe whatever you are told despite contrary evidence? because you'd think an entire country of psychics would be better off...

PS

I hold no illusions that Dogboat speaks for all UK residents... or that they'd let him.

we just know.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4643 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.