SLv2 just wont open :o(

Keysi Diavolo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Brief list of what happens

*open SLv2-loading second life

*crash report loads

*initializing VFS

*then viewer 2 freezes and does nothing and windows states not responding.

It appears that this happend to a few peeps so i guess I have to uninstall and use another viewer :(. Is there a problem with it a fix yet, does anyone no of a fix, do LL even care, or do I have to get used to Phoenix now. nothing seems to work i'm used to SLv2 now and prefer it to Phoenix What's an AVI to do.

As Valerie had said - Firestorm could be a good solution, although, I'm personally enjoying the V2 2.8 BETA, and if you're used to the V2 environment and are satisfied with how it is - then it's definitely worth a try, as it's for sure proving itself to be a very efficient release and close to no lag and no bugs, although there are some issues with building tools, which has actually got me a few times, but other than that they have improved shadows, the Depth of Field and quite a few other options.

It really is a nice and stable viewer for the most part, and hopefully when 2.8 is finally released, and no longer in Beta, then V2 shouldn't be having any problems at all, until they decide to roll out another update.

https://secondlife.com/support/downloads/ 

Just scroll down till you see the "Second Life Viewer Beta" choices.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.