Second life opening our profile information to Facebook

Dusty Arriaga

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I think they are planning another useless function where your posts on the new Feed on profiles can be automatically show up on your useless Facebook account if you connect your accounts....

BTW: This reminds me of what is placed as 1st life text on my profile since the release of viewer 2 almost 1.5 years ago - and seems like I am good in soothsaying: "This space intentionally was left blank for Viewer 2.0. In later versions, these fields will be filled with your Facebook profile streamed directly from the web, so please don't add any data here now."

Tristizia Demonista wrote:

Guess you don't have to worry about that, because FB & G+ do everything to delete ALL profiles that do not belong to a "Real" person
:)

I know. But people could connect them to their RL account - which of course would be a really really really smart idea! ;)

But actually I don't care. I don't use that useless waste of time whose only purpose is datamine your personality and sell the gained data to whoever pays a few bucks.

Linden Lab can't connect your SL profile to your FB account unless you choose to link them yourself. LL doesn't know what your FB (or any other) account is, so how could they link them?

Go to https://my.secondlife.com then to Settings, then the Privacy tab. Change the settings to whatever makes you comfortable. I set my Feed to none and everything else to Second Life. That puts my profile exactly where it's always been: accessible to people logged into SL (website or in-world) but not to the rest of the internet. I disabled Feed because I'd never use it anyway.

You're far more exposed to the internet by posting in the forums, btw.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.