Remaking ALT choosing name?

Kervin Karu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4652 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I'm recreating my alt (long story) for business.  I'm trying to come up with a username and I want it to be professional but I want it to sound like a real name.. Not just a random word.  Any suggestions on picking?  If I have the username be something professional and then display name be a realistic name? Idk, I'm new to this whole 2 name thing.  I want the name to be distinguishable though but also be thought of as a person rather than just a business.

Example: If I made my name, say, PremiumScripts, I would simply be thought of as a business and idt people would interact with me as a person... which I still want. 

So basically I need something that could be a name.. and could be professional.  If you think of any words off the top of your head if you could just jot them down :)  I know y'all are probably like 'WHAT A DUMB THREAD' and that I'm over thinking this but I just want to make one alt I can stick with.

Name it "Scripting" if it's not already taken. Will show up as "Scripting Resident" as legacy name. :)

But finding a good name becomes more and more difficult because there's no last name anymore. So if you don't want to show up as something like "38hng483zu" in the object properties...

You should probably drop whatever you're doing today, and visit the Google+ articles on pseudonym controversy.  Lots to think about there, in which way the web is headed.

Getting really tricky on using avatar names and/or pseudonyms on the Internet now.

If your business is going to mesh both worlds, you've got to figure this out in advance before you start on all your marketing and branding.

Not saying use real name at all...but appears in order to use all Internet services, you need to have a handle that looks somewhat normal and blends in.

Wow, I found the article you are talking about.  That's some complicated stuff.  I guess it's basically keeping part of your name and changing the rest?

Quick question:  If I set a display name, is there a way to delete it?   So that then only my username shows up.  I know I coulsd change the display name to the username but then it'd show like this: Whatevermynameis(Whatevermynameis) because doesn't it show up as Display Name(user.name) ??  Yet when you start out I believe it just displays as: Username.  Can you revert back to this at any time? 

there are tons of articles  :)

huge dilemma past few weeks, for those who branded over the years with an avatar name or pseudonym.  And it's not just about business and "branding" it's about a personal use name as well.

I really don't know what the answer is...been contemplating this week.

If you become tied to a virtual world name, then the virtual world's promotion ties to that.

But you need a name that will mesh both worlds...if that's what you have planned.

It's tricky, and I don't have an answer.

Because of the posture and tone that Google+ is setting on the web...it's a really important consideration.  Entities follow the big boy's lead.

Kervin Karu wrote:

Quick question:  If I set a display name, is there a way to delete it?   So that then only my username shows up.  I know I coulsd change the display name to the username but then it'd show like this: Whatevermynameis(Whatevermynameis) because doesn't it show up as Display Name(user.name) ??  Yet when you start out I believe it just displays as: Username.  Can you revert back to this at any time? 

I don't quite understood your question but if you are asking if your Display Name can be reverted to your username at any time, Yes, it is possible. You just need to reset your display name. But it would only be 5 days later when you can create another different display name.. unless this is changed recently.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4652 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.