How do new sl names display on creations?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

First of all, I am not happy at ALL with the sl name changes.  I have no idea when this took place as I haven't created a new account in years but I woke up today planning on creating a professional alt and so I registered with my real name not knowing it'd be displayed and now I'll probably have to create yet another new one but anyways... Now that display name are no longer permanant.. how are they displayed in sl?  If I make my username hello645 and my display name Kervin Hello what is displayed on my objects/scripts?  I read that display names arent even unique! 10 people can have your name (retarded...) so does it just show the username?  I've never come across an object like this, they always show like the old school first and last name.

~NOT HAPPY~

Welcome back, the name change was nearly a year ago and yes, we all fumed and yes we petitioned it and though they did facilitate some of our concersn, it still went through as stated.  Another one of Phillips "Isn't this cool" features.

What displays for Creator name and Owner name is the display name, followed by the actual username in parenthesis. And yes, it is dynamic. When you change your Display name, it updates on every item you created or own on the grid, as soon as that item is viewed.

For example "Porter (Starchaser Webb)"., where Porter is the display name. Or "Ceera's Testing Alt (Ceera) as an example of a newer-format single username.

V1 users see only the Username ("Starchaser Webb", in my example), just as anywhere else, or "Ceera Resident" as an example for the new single usernames.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.