selecting custom physics in the uploader empties LOD slots

Mikki Miles

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4646 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm trying to upload a model for hours now, with countless crashes.

I checked the models several times, mostly the viewer instantly crashes when I select the xlow LoD, but sometimes not.

Then when I try to add a physics model (very simple, 20 verts) it empties the slots for the already loaded custom LoDs. Does anybody have experiences with that? 

If you uploaded "abc.dae" file, "abc.slm" file was made for cache in same folder.

The file keeps previous settings to be used for next upload.

Physics shapes also.

This is convenient, but confuse unaware creaters like the old me.

Delete ".slm" files or set FALSE in following, if you dont like it.

MeshImportUseSLM.png.

I am not sure below link is related to your issue.

viewer crash using slm file when order of tags is changed in a multi-object LOD mesh file

thanks, this apparently won't help in my case...

next step is I'll go back to snow leopard, though lion worked ok for me so far.

At least then I know what should work, and what not. ATM the viewer crashes instantly even when I select a model form the file selector :-/

I can't seem to recall where I saw it, I looked around some for and couldn't relocate it sorry :( but if I recall correctly it does have something to do with mesh and a Linden was aware of the issue and working on it. If I find where I saw it I will post it up here for you.

On the return to Leopard, without a future time machine backup yes it is quite time consuming to get everything re-installed. I had a similar problem when I had a sudden hard drive failure, and now I keep time machine just for that reason. I recommend installing operating system all software you use and all current updates for software and back that up as your first backup and that gives you like a base you can work from if you ever install plugins or something that makes your system work funky then your back to total fresh. I do a backup every 10 days still but I like having that base and if I install a few new programs or something I'm gonna keep I redo my base when I have some spare time. Hope this help :D

that's what I do (usually)

But I got a brandnew iMac a week ago, and installed lion after testing it on my MBP (it worked fine so far), but have no backup from that iMac. I even have uploaded a few models since then, but I just wanted to exclude lion as a source for that trouble. Anyway, there's lot of work to do with blender, and I hope LL will tame that lion in the meanwhile ;-)

Yes! I have the same problem.  After trying to load a custom physics shape the uploader removes the already loaded top and lower LOD levels.   IF I atttempt to re-load the top LOD shape it works BUT the physics shape I uploaded appears to be WITHIN a section of the re-uploaded mesh rather than the same bounds.   I could upload a similar physics shape before with the same mesh file but I added a few pieces to the Physics that went from a flat wall to an 3 sided room.  This has confused the uploader somehow.    I now have to upload the physics shape as a mesh and link it in manually inworld (making the physics shape 100% trans as well).  At first I thought I had a scale problem in my blender model but I made everything scale=1,1,1 in blender before trying again and no changes.   I have SLM turned off as well.

Never got around to adding yet another Jira....perhaps I should.

Hmmm I originally had a single merged object as my physics mesh.  The 2 LOD levels I supplied both had 5 seperate meshes. I tried again with a physics mesh comprised of seperate mesh objects but had the same problems.  In either case both the Physics and two LOD meshes supplied had the same bounding box and centres.   I think I will try and reproduce with a simplier version of the meshes and file a JIRA.  It should work, and there is not documentation to say otherwise (although there *should* be some documentation to descibe the required relationship between physics and LOD meshes to make it work)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4646 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.