Showing up as a poof of smoke

Blaise Jhamin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4627 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've tried to log on under both SL viewers, Kristen, Imprudence, and Phoenix/Firestorm. In each I am appearing as a blob or poof of smoke and am not rezzing even after relogs and re-installing the application. Is there something I need to do to fix this. I was able to get under a second life beta but showed as having $33000L and my inventory and LMs are wrong.

3 answers to this question

If this happens with ALL the viewers, you may have an Internet connection problem. Unplug your router, allow a few seconds and plug it again. Make sure you use a regular and not damaged  cable (avoid wireless in all cases). If the problem remains after that and after having done all the rebake process as suggested by the others, you may have to contact your provider and change your router and/or cable.

Part of the problem is trying to login on every different viewer, especially if they all share the same cache location. I would suggest doing a clean uninstall of ALL the viewers and then download and install just one. Then if you login as a cloud, just fix it & don`t swap to another viewer.

How to do a clean uninstal http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=clean_reinstall the principal is the same for all viewers, except obviously you will be looking for a folder with a different name for clearing settings.

How to fix avatar issues http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=bake_fail

The Firestorm viewer instals to a completely different location, so that it can be installed at the same as Phoenix without causing problems, so you shouldn`t have any any conflicts if you had that one installed with any other viewer either.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4627 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.