PE and Physics issue in upload window

York Jessop

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just uploaded some stairs im working on and used the same dae file for the physics mesh, in the upload window it states the PE is 3.796 and as expected when rezzed it shows as 4PE, however when changing the physics from convex hull to prim the PE jumps up to 12!

Shouldnt the upload window show PE12 when uploading considering convex hull is not the actual physics shape that was uploaded with the mesh?

So far the uploader only ever shows the physics weight for the default Convex Hull physics shape type. This is always the type applied when you first rez the mesh. In fact, if you specify a physics shape the importer still calculates and uploads the default hull as well. It always has to be there. I thought there was a jira asking for Prim to be shown too, or to have a toggle for the type whose cost is shown, but I can't find it. There is a older one asking for actual toggling of the first-rez shape type, but that was to deal with a problem that has been fixed a different way. Maybe we need a new one.

It sure would be nice for it to have a toggle between convex and prim, all my builds will be using custom physics and while its not that much of a big deal as I'll testing everything on Aditi first hand. I expect when meshes are 100% deployed people who don't use the beta grid will not be very happy about wrong or misleading PE calculations in the upload window.

Created a Jira here:

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/CTS-729

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.