I am not able anymore to login my main avatar. I have tried to log her in on 5 other (friends) pc's

Keira Blackthorne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2918 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am not able anymore to login my main avatar. I have tried to log her in on 5 other (friends) pc's besides my own, and on only one she gets trough. On the other pc's she crash due login process (it gives the (common) message: region may be experiencing trouble, check your  connection)
All pc's use SL viewer and all are required to run SL and they give no problem with login other avatars.
I have reduced my inventory to 18000 items, altho i dont think the amount of items got anything to do with it? I also deleted all items i recently purchased, thinking one of them could be bugged? Is it possible that an avatar get permanently damaged by some bug? What could cause this avatars problem? Some help is really appreaciated, please someone?

5 answers to this question

This sounds like the problem some people have reported where the group tag their avatar was last using has got bad characters in it causing the region sim to reject the avatar.  If this is the problem, two solutions have been know to work.  One is to get an alt to contact the group owner and kick your avatar from the group so it looses the group tag.  A simpler solution that has also been flagged here as working is to go into the Me-Preferences-General tab and turn the display of name tags and group tags off.  This preference can be done prior to logging in and by not having to display the tag, it seems to get past the problem.

--Cinn

The message about the region experiencing trouble can sometimes just mean that LL has been doing server maintenance and has temporarily taken that sim off line.  Today, for example, they were doing announced upgrades to regions running the Blue Steel version of the server software.  More commonly, that message means that you have a firewall blocking access, or that you are using a wireless connection instead of a direct cable.  Wireless creates problems for a lot of SL residents because it is inherently less stable and is vulnerable to bandwidth loss.

Don't worry about the size of your inventory or anything in it.  There isn't actually anything in inventory.  It's essentially a lookup table that tells your viewer where to find item descriptions in LL's asset servers.  A corrupted object or script can't do anything unless you rez it.  Also, don't worry about your avatar being permanently damaged.  You can always rebuild your avatar at any time if the appearance file is borked.  In any case, inventory issues and your av's apperance are unlikely to be related in any way to your login problem.

Try getting off wireless to see if that helps.  If not, you may want to consider uninstalling your viewer and either reinstalling the same one or (better) installing an older version of the same viewer or (better still) one of the excllent third party viewers.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2918 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.