Why is male av logging in with "breasts

Ascher Warwillow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Like the Title says, I commonly have a problem with crashing or logging out, and when i log Back in, My Male Av will ave noticable "breasts". I have tried wearing ither shapes, skins, Physics or no Physics, and different clothing altogether. Any Ideas?

BTW Clearing Cache does not change the issue neither does viewers.

Present Viewer: Firestorm and it is the most current.

4 answers to this question

That isn't a common problem, but it does happen from time to time.  My guess is that the appearance file for your avatar on your computer is borked, so your av needs to be rebuilt.  If you're on a V2 viewer, go to the Develop menu (CTRL + Alt + Q) >> Avatar >> Character Test >> Test Male.  If you're on a V1 viewer, it's Advanced (CTRL + Alt + D) >> Character >> Character Tests >> Test Male.  That will replace your av with a newbie.  The all you need to do is drop your favorite shape, skin, and attachments onto the newbie and you're good to go.  It may help to relog after doing that, but it usually isn't necessary.

Of course, you could decide to be a female.  There are worse ways to go through life...... :smileyvery-happy:

I think the problem is called "Ruthing" This quote comes from the Second Life Wiki:

Ruth is Second Life's default avatar.  Upon teleporting or logging in to the system, avatars sometimes revert to the default shape and appearence, especially if the grid is experiencing difficulty, and may or may not include any current attachments or clothing currently assigned to them. Ruth appears as a short human female with tuxedo style clothing, short, straight red hair, and white skin.

To force the avatar to the correct shape and appearance, users can rebake their textures, teleport to another location, or log out and log back into the system.

It's related to ruthing, but more subtle. The av rezzes properly in all regards (unlike Ruth, who is a sort of pasty-looking mannequin) except that it has breasts. Apparently the male/female toggle in the appearance file get borked somehow. A simple CTRL + Alt + R rebake usually doesn't work because it is simply trying to retransmit the same borked file to SL's servers, but replacing the av completely does the job.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.