Sign in to follow this  
Mysty Silverweb

mesh upload registration

the error i get is a "DAE parsing issue". I tried to upload a simple cylinder mesh. Before sending this post i copied the dae file to a notecard ... a friend made it a dae again and it worked well. .... So, it's not the generated dae-file, it's not the viewer (we are using the same). I was using latest blender (2.64) and Firestoem latest (4.2.2). And the mesh upload staus thingies are both green. ... Any other questions?

As I don't use Firestorm, I can't make a good guess for the situation you describe. Hopefully someone who does will come along. Doesn't sound like a mesh authorisation issue though.

well ... actually i think there's maybe something wrong with my mash upload status ... but i don't know how to verify this since, as i said, everything's nice green *sighs* i don't have any idea what else i could try

upload status dont give you a DAE parsing error. there is something wrong with the way you are uploading or exporting the file. and you are also using a thrid party viewer. Use the official Linden Viewer

It's not what i said.

I said when i upload (actually the upload window in the viewer ... btw just for you i tested with SL-Viewer too ... with exactly the same result) I get that error message.

And since i copied the DAE file to a friend who could upload the file without problems it seams not to be an error with the DAE file.

Have you tried to upload a copied flie just like you hand your friend? maKE  new one just like he or she does and load that one? Or do you keep trying to use the original and is there a SLm file in the same folder as the object?

I made the tutorial IP of the mesh, I answered all the questions right (10 of 10). In the end of the tutorial, appears:

"Congratulations!  You are now registered to upload mesh!"

and

"You scored 10 correct out of 10 questions for a score of 100 percent."

But when I am in world, it says that I have no right to upload mesh.

When I return to the site, it asks me again to make the tutorial again. I already made this tutorial more than 5 times...  and when I return to the site later, it always says: "You must first complete the IP Tutorial before you can upload mesh objects."

I do not know what to do anymore .. I already answered all the questions correct ... I already could make a mesh upload in the beta grid, but I can not do uploads in the main grid!!!

I have a free account. Is this a problem to upload meshs?

Can you help me?

I am having the same problem, shows 11 questions answered correctly and I can view my score where it says that I am now registered, but it doesn't show the same in the main panel and I cannot upload anything. Please help!

I recently added payment info to my alt, and took the IP test to enable mesh.  It took me a while to figure out that there is (or was last week) an IP test on the main grid, and an IP test on the test grid.  They happen to be the same test, but you need to do it in both places if you want to upload mesh onto the beta grid and the main grid.

I also have relogged after completeing the test and got the page of completion and cannot upload mesh. It keeps referring me to the page to take the test again :/ can someone help me?

Hi there

I am having actually a similar problem with my meshupload status, I took both tests the one for the main grid and beta grid too and it tells me that my meshupload status is green to go on my dashboard but when im trying to upload something inworld does it give me a failure with my upload permissions

Hello. I have confirmation of payment on file as well as confirmation that the IP test is passed, and that I'm registered to upload mesh objects, however when I try I am told I still need to register. Thank you for any help.

Thank you, It looks like someone fixed this because later this evening I could upload mesh to the main grid.

Could you do the same thing for my account on ADITI? I have taken the IP test and I tried to add payment info there, but am unable to.

All the best, RM

You don't need to add a payment method on your Aditi account to upload mesh. Just the IP quiz has to be done a second time.