mesh upload registration

Mysty Silverweb

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2760 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I also fill in paypall information and did the IP tutorial and i still can't upload meshes, even not on the aditi beta test grid.

I wonder how long it gonna take before i can. Also the age verifying took 3 weeks i heard. That was before mesh came in.

I hope this will be resolved soon:) Greets Lucindy

Ok, it seems that the normal viewer 3 wich says it's 2, but that don't matter,  that viewer crashes on NVIDIA i read and has to do with the TdrDelay timout , (in my case), and many people have that problem, so i saw the beta version Second Life 3.2.2 (244666)  and downloaded that one, and this seems to worked for me and also fixed the uploading the mesh for me.

So the Second Life 3.2.2 (244666)   FIXED it for me:)

i thought i post this here in case some one that has this problem can try this also. worth a try:)

Greets Lucindy

p.s. i also tested Second Life 3.2.2 (244666) on the beta grid aditi and it seems that there i can not upload meshes.

It says:

NOTE: You dont have rights to upload mesh models. Find out how to get certified.

OK, if I'm reading your post correctly, it sounds like you are now on aditi looking to upload mesh.

If so, follow the directions - meaning the link, and review the IP tutorial again. There's no new info, but aditi is a separate instance than agni so it doesn't know you've already gone through it. Should take you just a few minutes to complete and then you should be able to upload on aditi.

Charlar

Ok, i am able to test on the beta grid, but i have nvidia card and latest drivers, i just installed windows 7 all over so i have clean install, and yesterday i was able to log in to the adity with the beta viewer and tried some meshes, but today when i started the viewer it crashed my openGL again, so i think i have to wait for a fix for that.

Till then i am stuck, also on agni he crashes, while phoenix don't crash....

So i hope this will be fixed soon,  It's definatly not my hardware and/or software

greets L

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello !

I have made the mesh tutorial and after that the system said:

Congratulations! You are now registered to upload mesh!

But after that it started again and the system said : I must first complete the tutorial.

There is anything wrong. Please help !!!

• 4 weeks later...

A bit of a side issue, but I would like to say that due to real life circumstances, I don't have a bank card, which allows me to make purchases online.  I've been in second life for years, and not needed to worry about linden's due to earning them in-world, or getting them off friends etc.

So I can't put someone else's card details in, for a lot of obvious reasons, so, does this mean that I will forever be unable to upload mesh?,  seems that your ok with passports and other things to verify age (which was chaos) and to this day something I don't agree with but why do I need to register to upload mesh?  surely with all the details LL already possess, including the fact I'm age verified etc, would constitute being ok to upload mesh.

Please also, refrain from posting things like "get a bank account", and other unhelpful comments.

I have editted the above since the first response to my question, was exactly that sort of comment.  (although I'm not surprised)

• 1 month later...

Charlar Linden,

Hello, I hope that you can help me ... I am having problems with the Mesh IP Tutorial. I already make it. Got 10 points, but it allways says to me that I did not completed it.

I made the same thing in the beta grid, and works fine, why I can not make it works in the main grid?

Can you help me?

Abel Paulino

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2760 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.