ADAM&EVE Productline in everyone's Lost & Found? A DD Screwup?

Toysoldier Thor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

SO was just told about and I asked several of my friends in SL to confirm .... that for most SL residents they now have a folder in their Lost and Found folder called  "ADAM n EVE Female Dancer Avatar BETA".  It is filled with 12 plus more folders of entire sets of male and female skin/shapes/clothing from a creator of Damen Gorilla & Sachi Vixen from what I see.

The owner of all this content is Alexandria Linden.

And its all Full Perm items from all the items I just looked at.

WOW!!  I hope Damen is aware that LL just gave to most SL residents, an entire line of his product !!

Is this part of Direct Delivery?  This is the kind of mistake that I would have feared in my warnings about Direct Delivery.

Does anyone know?

I did but he is offline.  But Ann says they are general purpose Avi's in the library.  Still not sure how they got in most of our lost and found and what caused it. 

I am real paranoid with the LL Development Team / Commerce Team working on Direct Delivery in secret if this is part of that work.

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

It is odd they would be in our Lost and Found.

It's ok, paranoia and mistrust are part of the experience, it seems.

Yes - these are the fears I have with upcoming DD.... "ooops an error in a setting and all my product line is in everyones SLM folder as full perms and before LL figures it out out to fix it... my entire line of products is out to the masses and will never be recovered"

It just takes one of these mistakes and my SL business would be wiped out.  So... yeah i am paranoid - specially when the LL Commerce Team has not said any details to the Merchant community on how DD will work or its progreass... etc.

Toysoldier Thor wrote:

SO was just told about and I asked several of my friends in SL to confirm .... that for most SL residents they now have a folder in their Lost and Found folder called  "ADAM n EVE Female Dancer Avatar BETA".  It is filled with 12 plus more folders of entire sets of male and female skin/shapes/clothing from a creator of Damen Gorilla & Sachi Vixen from what I see.

The owner of all this content is Alexandria Linden.

And its all Full Perm items from all the items I just looked at.

WOW!!  I hope Damen is aware that LL just gave to most SL residents, an entire line of his product !!

Is this part of Direct Delivery?  This is the kind of mistake that I would have feared in my warnings about Direct Delivery.

Does anyone know?

I doubt seriously this has anything to do with DD at all.Seems to be a snafu with Inventory Linden placing something incorrectly. I do wish this would get fixed .. I hate having inventory where I did not put it.:smileywink:

Cerise Sorbet wrote:

They are in the library inventory and not really in the individual avatar inventories, the overlay effect is just a viewer display quirk. We can see this with a toggle of the NoinventoryLibrary debug setting followed by a relog. It is not related to direct delivery.

So must we leave it set to true forever or will LL move it to the proper place tomorrow? BTW have I told you recently how helpful you always are? Major Kudos all the time! <33

I wish LL would make some sort of official pronouncement -- I've just had this come round one of my groups, and I don't think it's the last time we'll see this sort of spam warning:

CHECK UR LOST AND FOUND FOLDER, IF YOU HAVE A FOLDER CALLED ADAM & EVE AVATARS OLD, DELETE IT DO NOT OPEN IT, GET RID OF IT... ITS A VIRUS GOING AROUND, I HAD IT IN MY LOST AND FOUND FOLDER TOO, DELETE IT FAST, THEN EMPTY TRASH Alot of us had it

Sadly, LL still is staying quiet as to what they screwed up.  There have been non-LL voices with respected levels of knowledge that have stated they believe its just a minor screwup by LL, but until LL formally speaks up as to what they did wrong, how they will fix it, and to explain the impact of the mistake.

even if its just... we made a mistake during DB maintenance that unexpectedly cause a publicly available library asset to show up in loadt adn found but this has been corrected and it causes no damage.

I suspect LL will quietly correct the problem and not admit they made a mistake nor will they quell the fears from customers that this could be a virus.

Read the Jira... I didnt see any statement officially from a LL Authority.  Again... just resident experts.

Secondly... even if a LL piped in on that Jira... because of the high profile of the event - ie noticed by the general public... LL should make a more noticable blog posting to explain what happened.

LL should not let resident experts explain and be the spokespersons for them.

LL - take ownership of your problems and be more responsible.

Peewee Musytari wrote:

They can`t be deleted as they will just come back after relog & some people have them outside of their inventory/library folders instead of in lost & found, so I agree, is probably best to leave them alone, so that they don`t end up in a worse place lol

Oh, they are real library items and act like them, so they can't be deleted, folder contents but not the folders can be copied/pasted, etc.

What i do not understand about the whole LL Inventory LIBRARY content (including the folders we are all talking about that are now in our lost and found) is why the CREATOR of all this content is not converted to official LINDEN LAB creator content?

If LL hires SL Creators to make LIBRARY CONTENT... it should be under the condition that LL can convert the CREATOR STATUS to LL.  To me, this content in the library is created under contract by LL to be used SL GRID-Wide as part of the SL Service.  As such the content should be viewed by all residents to be LL Content (even if they subcontracted a SL merchant to create it for them).

1)  If the content in the library shows the creator and owner are both official LINDEN LAB content - there would be less confusion that this is official LL Library content.

2)   Its a bit of unfair free marketing that select SL Merchants get by having some of their branded content be available to all SL residents which is not an opportunity open to the rest of the SL Merchant community.  I would be more than willing to create a small offering of my landscape sculpties to put in the library for ALL TO SEE and hopefully generates new future business.

So... where do the rest of us Merchants sign up to get to place some of our content in to the official LL SL Library?

I'm not a merchant, but hi anyway.

This is getting out of hand inworld. Groups are buxxing and we're getting a LOT of people at help island public beleiving this.

LL NEED to put out a global on this saying it's an inventory bug. Staying quiet is doing more damage.

It's just appared on the grid staus, but most people don't check that.

Well its about time..... recent LL Grid Status....

[Posted 28 Jul 2011, 9:20am PDT] We are aware that residents may be seeing a folder named “Adam N Eve Avatars_OLD” in the Lost & Found. This folder will appear on relog even after being deleted.

This is a known issue and nothing to be concerned about. Please keep an eye on https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-26518 for further updates.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.