Furniture Resizer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4643 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Why don't we see furniture resizers? I mean we have no-mod hair wth resizers. Should furni-makers add this option especially if they make no-mod stuff? How about demo furniture? That way you can see if it fits in your house before you purchase. Good idea? Will you try it?

I have a long standing policy that everything I sell is mod.  I do have no mod freebies for obvious reasons but it's rare to have no mod furniture.  The scripts and animations perhaps but in the end, shop where you can get mod stuff. 

I have a personal pet peeve as a shopper myself on this.  If you buy it, it's yours to use however you want.

I have also done some demo lights on request for some of the interior decorators I work with.  Very easy as all you have to do is make it copy, no transfer and no mod but set the temp option on.

I work for a store that sells adult beds and most of them are pretty big. I our customers want to be sure if the bed will fit, we provide them with a prim the exact size of the bed so they can try that out. Becuase of the menus in our beds they can't be resized, you'ld end up in the wrong spot trying out you favourite position! ;-)

Void Singer wrote:

Anita61 Anatine wrote:

[...] Becuase of the menus in our beds they can't be resized, you'ld end up in the wrong spot trying out you favourite position! ;-)

please hire a better scripter, it can be done, and without too much trouble.

Still unpractical having to adjust every animation...

Id like to see a System that automatically adjusts every position of a 300+ animations piece of furniture so you still sit exactly right, in relation to each other.

MLP should be fairly easy to modify to do that.... when it reads the rez/sit-target offsets, simply have it multiply the vector by a percentage based on the current size of the object... this is largely how most resizers work anyways, the only difference is that some would require a tracking variable.

it may be a little finicky for poses that have large offsets built into the animation, as that won't be accounted for, but if memory serves the current version lets users adjust poses after being seated and remembers the change.

Jaylin Wytchwood wrote:

Void Singer wrote:

Anita61 Anatine wrote:

[...] Becuase of the menus in our beds they can't be resized, you'ld end up in the wrong spot trying out you favourite position! ;-)

Id like to see a System that automatically adjusts every position of a 300+ animations piece of furniture so you still sit exactly right, in relation to each other.

You really want to have adjustable poses regardless of the bed itself being mod or not. No two avatars are alike, which means anyone who cares about whether or not the animations line up properly is going to want that level of control anyways.

Making the bed mod in addition to that opens up your market further. No one refuses to buy moddable items in SL. Plenty refuse to buy no-mod.

Penny Patton wrote:

Jaylin Wytchwood wrote:

Void Singer wrote:

Anita61 Anatine wrote:

You really want to have adjustable poses regardless of the bed itself being mod or not. No two avatars are alike, which means anyone who cares about whether or not the animations line up properly is going to want that level of control anyways.

Making the bed mod in addition to that opens up your market further.
No one
refuses to buy moddable items in SL. Plenty refuse to buy no-mod.

Adjustable Poses - Sure is a must.

But making a script working together with the resizer script, that handles Auto-adjusting all animations in a furniture regarding to correct sit position, just cause a customer wants his bed 20 cm smaller or larger...

Well happy coding, im not sure its worth the hassle, cause frankly, how many people want to resize a given furniture how often?

Sure, leave it mod might be a solution, and gets done often, but be ready then to get asked how to adjust ALL Poses in an item... and seeing that a lot of people have problems with adjusting even a linked prim...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4643 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.