Sign in to follow this  
Chelsea Malibu

Need some advice from someone how can write HTML

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3301 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

See the banner on the bottom of my name?  I just looked at some source code and wrote the HTML for it but I'm not versed at all at HTML.

It looks wonky and I can't see what I have done wrong.  Can someone look at this and see if I did it right?  I'd be very willing to give you a shopping spree in my store if you can.

Hey Chelsea,

How do you mean 'wonky'? It looks ok to me, are you meaning the sizes are out?

Matt

OK, now I have adjusted it and same problem.  It's cutting off the bottom and even when I make the image smaller, the bottom still cuts off.  OMG I suck at code.

I've looked at the source code for this forum page, and the html code for your banner looks like this:

<A href="http://slurl.com/secondlife/Design%20Center/147/140/23" target="_blank"><BR /><**Only uploaded images may be used in postings**://img52.imageshack.us/img52/1492/malibusigbanner.jpg" /><BR /></A><BR />

There is nothing wrong with it except for the <BR /> tags. You can delete those, they just add unnecessary line breaks. This would suffice:

<A href="http://slurl.com/secondlife/Design%20Center/147/140/23" target="_blank"><**Only uploaded images may be used in postings**://img840.imageshack.us/img840/1420/malibuslbannerad.jpg" /></A>

Your banner size is very odd though. When I originally opened this thread, it was three times as long. Did you size the image down? 

Oh, I see what you mean. I think the line breaks that I mentioned above are the problem. There is a line break between the bottom line of your post and your signature, which reduces the abailable space for the banner image. If you remove the <br /> tags, it should be fine.

ETA: I just saw that you can't use my code example, the forum software replaced the image URL with the "only uploaded images..." blargh. Just deleted all <BR /> tags from your html code and it should work.

Sorry about that :( The forum software added the **Only uploaded images may be used in postings** line. You either need to replace that bit with "http", or use your own code and remove all <BR /> tags.

om Piers wrote:

Where do you go to add a banner?

It's in the signature box under your Forum Personal settings.  Actually some pretty cool options there.  LL must have outsourced this or bought a forum program. LOL  :matte-motes-big-grin-squint:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3301 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.