New update for SL v2 is freezing

Quetzi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a Mac and the new update of SLV2 is freezing so much is really frustrating, however though the Firestorm beta from Phoenix is having problems too...   the only one that works properly is Phoenix.

2 answers to this question

I assume you mean the viewer crashes. If not, edit your post and add some more details explaining what happens exactly. Also, have you upgraded to Lion? The viewers have a few issues with Lion. Have a look in the viewer forum for info, and on the Phoenix website for info on firestorm and Lion

I suggest emptying your cache folder in ~/Library/Caches/SecondLife/ and try again. You can also try to move the ~/Library/Application Support/Secondlife/ to your desktop and start the viewer again (which will recreate the folder. It does contain chat and im logs, so you may want to hang on to these).

- Luc -

I had the same problem with Viewer2 and keep logging me out. A box  crasher logger appeared and shows"App may appear

frozen". It logged me in for a few seconds then crashed out. Today I found the solution: I was in Viewer 2 and I switched to

Beta Viewer and it works. So far not crashing out and all my Inventory Lists are in there.

If you are in one of these Viewers, try switching. I went to download page, but did not download SL. Go right to select your

next Viewer. NO, I did not see any "Firestorm Beta", just Beta Viewer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.