New update for SL v2 is freezing

Quetzi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4089 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I assume you mean the viewer crashes. If not, edit your post and add some more details explaining what happens exactly. Also, have you upgraded to Lion? The viewers have a few issues with Lion. Have a look in the viewer forum for info, and on the Phoenix website for info on firestorm and Lion

I suggest emptying your cache folder in ~/Library/Caches/SecondLife/ and try again. You can also try to move the ~/Library/Application Support/Secondlife/ to your desktop and start the viewer again (which will recreate the folder. It does contain chat and im logs, so you may want to hang on to these).

- Luc -

2 answers to this question

I assume you mean the viewer crashes. If not, edit your post and add some more details explaining what happens exactly. Also, have you upgraded to Lion? The viewers have a few issues with Lion. Have a look in the viewer forum for info, and on the Phoenix website for info on firestorm and Lion

I suggest emptying your cache folder in ~/Library/Caches/SecondLife/ and try again. You can also try to move the ~/Library/Application Support/Secondlife/ to your desktop and start the viewer again (which will recreate the folder. It does contain chat and im logs, so you may want to hang on to these).

- Luc -

I had the same problem with Viewer2 and keep logging me out. A box  crasher logger appeared and shows"App may appear

frozen". It logged me in for a few seconds then crashed out. Today I found the solution: I was in Viewer 2 and I switched to

Beta Viewer and it works. So far not crashing out and all my Inventory Lists are in there.

If you are in one of these Viewers, try switching. I went to download page, but did not download SL. Go right to select your

next Viewer. NO, I did not see any "Firestorm Beta", just Beta Viewer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4089 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.