How can I contact LL to get permission to transfer an account?

Hansrudolf Bloch

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4629 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

From TOS:

3.1 You must establish an account to use Second Life, using true and accurate registration information.

You must establish an Account with Linden Lab to use the Service, except for those portions of the Websites which Linden Lab allows users to access without registration. You may establish one or more additional Accounts, provided that your existing Account is in good standing and you are otherwise in full compliance with this Agreement. You may not transfer or assign your Account and its contractual rights, licenses and obligations, to any third party without the prior written consent of Linden Lab.

How to get such a consent?

10 answers to this question

You can't unless you've passed away and have bequeathed your account  in a will but even then there are stringent conditions. It's all covered in these Wiki links. I'm guessing you're still with us as you've written this post :smileywink:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Sharing_or_transferring_Second_Life_accounts

Official Wiki - Death and other worries outside Second Life http://tiny.cc/69wpr

• Like 1

You may not transfer your account to another person while you are still alive. If you wish, you may bequeath your account to someone else in your will.

32px-KBtip.png Tip: If you wish to leave all your avatar's worldly belongings to another person without dying, you can transfer all your Linden dollars and transferrable inventory inworld to that person's existing account..

How do I bequeath my Second Life account and its assets if I die in real life?

In your will, you must include the legal (real-life) name of the person who you want to inherit your Second Life account and assets, in the event of your death. This is referenced in Section 3.1 of our Terms of Service (updated 2010-10-06), specifically:

You must establish an Account with Linden Lab to use the Service, except for those portions of the Websites which Linden Lab allows users to access without registration. You may establish one or more additional Accounts, provided that your existing Account is in good standing and you are otherwise in full compliance with this Agreement. You may not transfer or assign your Account and its contractual rights, licenses and obligations, to any third party without the prior written consent of Linden Lab.

The Second Life support team requires the death certificate and, may require other additional testamentary letters or orders, where required by law. Additional verification of any party's identity, including the deceased, may also be required.

In general, the support team requires:

• Testamentary letter or other appropriate order
  • Copy of the death certificate
  • Copy of the will
  • Copy of a government-issue ID sufficient to identify you

If the will is not being probated, or is not before a court or official authority, then we may only require copies of:

• Death certificate
  • Will
  • Government-issue ID sufficient to identify you

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4629 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.