CSS not loading on the new profiles on Viewer 2.8

Gavin Hird

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4645 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It only happens in the SL viewer. 

I have seen it before too when they released the web based profiles, so it is probably an old bug that has sneaked back into the code (or more likely the web server setup.)

Will check if the slightly different 2.8.1 beta has the same bug. 

I don't remember having seen this in any previous viewer. I thought the internal browser used WebKit for rendering pages, so I would have thought profiles should look basically the same as in Safari.

Have you tried clearing the internal browsers cache data? Perhaps it helps?

- Luc -

I am pretty much sure it has to do with this console message

Jul 27 15:56:35 myhost [0x0-0xfa0fa].com.secondlife.indra.viewer[971]: 2011-07-27 15:56:35.415 SLPlugin[986:b03] Cannot find executable for CFBundle 0x19fa420 </Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Disabled Plug-Ins> (not loaded)

And this one in addition when running the latest beta veiwer. 

Jul 27 15:55:59 myhost [0x0-0xfa0fa].com.secondlife.indra.viewer[971]: LLEmbeddedBrowser:: addCAFile attempting to read certs from file:  "/Users/myuser/Desktop/Second Life Beta Viewer.app/Contents/Resources/app_settings/CA.pem" 

Add to that, I am running 10.7

And I could see the profiles in Second Life 2.8.1 (236154) Jul 20 2011 12:37:17 (Second Life Beta Viewer) running on 10.7 yesterday, but now it don't load CSS and images, so something must have happened server side. 

Beta search is working as expected

Gavin Hird wrote:

I am pretty much sure it has to do with this console message

Jul 27 15:56:35 myhost [0x0-0xfa0fa].com.secondlife.indra.viewer[971]: 2011-07-27 15:56:35.415 SLPlugin[986:b03] Cannot find executable for CFBundle 0x19fa420 </Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Disabled Plug-Ins> (not loaded)

And this one in addition when running the latest beta veiwer. 

Jul 27 15:55:59 myhost [0x0-0xfa0fa].com.secondlife.indra.viewer[971]: LLEmbeddedBrowser:: addCAFile attempting to read certs from file:  "/Users/myuser/Desktop/Second Life Beta Viewer.app/Contents/Resources/app_settings/CA.pem" 

Add to that, I am running 10.7

And I could see the profiles in Second Life 2.8.1 (236154) Jul 20 2011 12:37:17 (Second Life Beta Viewer) running on 10.7 yesterday, but now it don't load CSS and images,
so something must have happened server side.

Beta search is working as expected

I wouldn't be surprised if the console messages had something to do with it :)

I checked on my own Mac, and profiles load fine. I am, however, still on 10.6.8. There was some info posted regarding Lion and viewer issues.. This might be one of them.

- Luc -

I've been having this problem for a long long time now. Its survived through multiple versions of Viewer 2, a system reformat and an OS upgrade. But what takes the cake is with the latest version of Viewer 2, Linden Labs have removed the "open in browser" button! Now I can't view profiles at all unless I manually type the URL into Safari. Grrrr!

Here's a screenshot of the problem:
http://cl.ly/8pf2 

Same Issue.

The Screen-shot last posted is exactly what I've been seeing - despite clearing the cache - junking prefferences - and updating the viewer 2 or 3 times. 

I'm also running Mac Os Lion - so sounds like a common issue.

:( so annoying. 

I have fixed it by replacing the file /Applications/Second Life Viewer 2.app/Contents/Resources/app_settings/CA.pem with the same file from a pre 2.8 version viewer (actually the Dolphin viewer, but some have reported it to work with the same file from Kirstens also. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4645 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.