Negative $L in account balance!?!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4298 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You mean login and your balance doesn't show up? Never had that one, but this should work then too. Clicking the balance in the viewer top bar sends a manual refresh, forcing the system to update your balance now, as opposed to at the next change.

Sometimes if someone pays you even if it's only $L1 it will get the update - it's supposed to... Doesn't always work tho. And of course trying that one too often can be a bit of a friend list shortener.  lol

• 5 months later...

jazzman Diesel wrote:

Hi my account reads -L$5 i have not bought anything in like a month or two so why is it reading this? HELP

It's likely you're a member of a group in which the "Pay group liabilities and receive group dividends" ability is set for whatever role you have in the group. Lindens owed by the group will be taken from the accounts of all members who have that 'ability' set for them in the group. Usually it's something like being billed for having Show in Search set on group-owned land. If you can figure out which group it is, talk to whoever runs the group to see if they'll change the setting (it's often set unintentionally). If not, I suggest leaving that group.

• 6 months later...

Upper right corner of your viewer screen, where it says L$56718, or whatever your huge balance is.  It's just to the left of the button that says "Buy L$".  If you click on the L$ sign in your balance (not the Buy L$ button), it should refresh.  Whether it does or not, you can always see what your real balance is by going to your dashboard at secondlife.com and clicking on Account

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4298 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.