Should LL reduce tier prices and maybe act to save popular sims?

Myra Wildmist

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4645 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Phil Deakins wrote:

Notice the second paragraph. It pretty much states that LL changes their sim servers every 18 months.

Who would think that LL changes their servers every 18 months?  That's silly.  There is nothing in what I wrote that suggests such a thing, much less states it. Regarding the time-phasing of upgrades; that's pretty obvious, don't you think?

• Like 1

Of course it's silly, but that's what you wrote - see the brown text above. All we did was say that the real world isn't like that, which you now agree with.

As for what you call "time-phasing of upgrades", I was the one who wrote about that - not you. And yes, it is obvious, as you now say, but you didn't write anything like it until I explained it to you.

Gents, it's angels dancing on the head of a pin.

If by some magic, processors were free -- heck, even if power, A/C, network bandwidth, and datacenter operations were also free -- it would only reduce LL's total expenses by... what?  Less than half, surely.

If it were a larger share, they wouldn't be spending enough on R&D to stay competitive in this business.  It's not as if LL's Land product is a commodity webhosting service.  (That's not even the case for the OpenSim grids.)

Raising or lowering prices won't make any difference, till Linden decides to give us a quality product.  I haven't seen mucWquality recently.  It seems like we have daily server upgrades, browsers that are buggy, and lag.  Why should I rent a full sim, in fact we just downsized.  Why?  Lag, upgrades and poor quality. 

Just from a few people that have been around awhile

BTW I still have tickets that are two years old that have never been answered

Kelley

Sl is expensive and not very good value if used as a fun platform. People who own whole sims and do not make a profit must have plenty of disposable money and there are less of these around.

I believe sl should be cheaper and tier increments changed to be more flexible. Then we might see some growth and not a steady decline.

Let people buy homesteads as a stand alone. Let people expand in small jumps. Make the cost of  owning a full sim reasonable and the yellow peril might begin to disappear.

I have been at the same tier level for 18 months,out of prims,and ready to expand but will not double my land holdings in one hit. Too risky..............So yes..........

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4645 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.