My AO has been fine for 18 months; now suddenly cuts out and back in... LL mucking about?

Domitan Redenblack

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4626 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm not sure it is lag related because I am having the same problem both with AO stopping and starting as well as chim stopping and starting, and I never experienced that before. 

I wasn't sure what it was either?  I've been having this issue for about 4-5 days with AO or Chim.

I just got the new 2.8 update for V2 yesterday and some bug issues have been fixed with the new update as well as new tools added to the 2.8 update and I have to say it's pretty darn cool as far as a new update goes.  I just love the new added on features.

However, I did not have a chance yesterday to check out either AO or Chim after the update because I needed both AO off to go horseback riding and other things where an AO wasn't needed, and then I went to lunch with a friend on SL yesterday and didn't have any time to check or work my Chim.

Anyhow, I will be checking AO's and my Chim today to see if this problem is fixed or if my AO and Chim got corrupted somehow because I am also having the stopping and starting AO or Chim difficulty and I never experienced that before.  It's like jerky movements, and stops and starts at will? 

We are on different viewers, but I can attest to the fact, I'm having the same problem. 

ETA:  I don't know exactly what you mean by standing on the ground, but I have noticed avatars rezzing as a tiny person, and then they grow into a giant, taller than the normal sized avatar.  Is that what you mean?  It's like Alice in Wonderland or something; small, then giant.  That's the best I can describe this. 

Mayalily wrote: I don't know exactly what you mean by standing on the ground, but I have noticed avatars rezzing as a tiny person, and then they grow into a giant, taller than the normal sized avatar.  Is that what you mean?  It's like Alice in Wonderland or something; small, then giant.  That's the best I can describe this. 

No, this is friends who stand on the ground, but their feet are down in the ground by 6" - 18" or so. One of them was more and had her legs sticking out of the ceiling on the floor below.

Oh, that's bizarre.  I did see one avatar today going through the floor, but this avatar was a child with her Mother.  I hang out with some Mom's sometimes because I am a SL Mom too, though mine are just newborns.  Anyhow, the child avatar was going thru the floor while we were dancing, it could have been she did her shape wrong or something.  But I've never seen anything like you are describing.  Before this latest update of V2, people would rez as tiny's and then grow into giants; that was bizarre, but after running SL viewer today and after this new update, things seem pretty much back to normal.  No more giants going thru the ceiling, and my chim was working great again.  It was so bizarre before with that stopping and starting as I've never encountered that before.  Mine is back and doing great.  Hope yours is back, also.  My AO's are doing fine and back to normal as well. 

Domitan Redenblack wrote:

Mayalily wrote: I don't know exactly what you mean by standing on the ground, but I have noticed avatars rezzing as a tiny person, and then they grow into a giant, taller than the normal sized avatar.  Is that what you mean?  It's like Alice in Wonderland or something; small, then giant.  That's the best I can describe this. 

No, this is friends who stand on the ground, but their feet are down in the ground by 6" - 18" or so. One of them was more and had her legs sticking out of the ceiling on the floor below.

If they sit on a prim then stand they should be fine.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4626 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.