oAttachment set script

bidulette Elton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

It's a pretty useless device.  It was created (actually several versions of it were created) because prim skirts look really stupid when you sit down.  They keep pointing down, cutting through your legs, the chair, the floor.......  What this device does is rotate the skirt forward so that it's parallel to your legs when you sit.  It's a nice, simple idea, but .....

It also flips the skirt up when you do anything else that SL interprets as a sit ..... like sitting on a poseball to dance, or to step onto a pose stand.  It's really embarrassing to start to danc and have your skirt flip up in front of you.

Also .... think about this for a second ..... when the skirt rotates forward, what happens to the waist?  Well, the front part digs into your stomach and the back part slides down.  Depending on how the skirt is made, that leaves you with some really ugly stuff sticking out your back or your butt crack showing.  That might be OK if you're sitting in a nice overstuffed chair, but not if you sit where people can see your back.

Some of these devices adjust for what happens to the skirt when you start walking, so that it doesn't fly out behind you like a sail.  That's a nice idea, although one that a good designer can largely avoid by taking care with flexi settings.

I've beeen making and selling skirts for over 4 years, and I won't put one of those scripts in my work.  Like most women who wear prim skirts in SL, my solution is not to sit down very often. Or if I do, I don't worry about what the #*&^ skirt does.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.